1/2 diagnosed newby

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

1/2 diagnosed newby

Postby Mountain » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:02 am

Hi everyone. I'm new here so be gentle :)
I have a number of chronic conditions often associated with FM, and recently due to foggy head, rubbish memory, morning stiffness, joint/muscle pains etc. my GP is considering FM .... I tick all the boxes.

So, I now have my choose & book referral through for rheumatology and I'm trying to decide which clinic to attend.
Mountain
UKFM Newbie

Re: 1/2 diagnosed newby

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:07 am

:welcome:

Good luck for your appointment.

I would ask my GP what Rhuemi they recommend.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Mountain » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:25 am

Yep, she did hint thinking about it.

I have a colleague from another department with FM and was talking to her. She stated one of the Rheumi's in the area doesn't 'believe in' FM as a condition :yikes: . (I thought there was now overwhelming evidence including brain MRIs showing a different response to certain stimulus but hey....).

Anyway, I don't want to end up under someone like that. I also have thyroid disease & a few more conditions, so I know a good consultant can make all the difference.
Mountain
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Mountain wrote:
I have a colleague from another department with FM and was talking to her. She stated one of the Rheumi's in the area doesn't 'believe in' FM as a condition :yikes: . (I thought there was now overwhelming evidence including brain MRIs showing a different response to certain stimulus but hey....).

Sadly No there is no evidence to prove fibro im afraid, all the above is ATM is speculation. Its gets diagnosed by examination (tender point test) list of symptoms and ruling other things out (done by blood tests/maybe MRI/X-Ray) as fibro does not show up on any blood tests nor x-ray etc...

Also you do come across a lot of negative attitudes, so if you do have friends that have seen a Rheumi then Yes I'd go by there recommendations
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:51 am

Hi Mountain,

I met with alot of negativity prior to diagnosis. Thankfully, the rheumatologist who diagnosed me, was a lovely lady. Made all the difference, and was so refreshing, having been met with "dismissive attitudes" for years.
Good luck in your quest :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello