[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from vixxrivs77

Hello from vixxrivs77

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from vixxrivs77

Postby VixxRivs77 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello everyone. :wave:
Thought it was about time I introduced myself to you properly. (I hope I've posted this in the right section as I'm still finding my way around here, I'm very sorry if it's in the wrong place.)

My name is Vikki (Also known as Vixx or vixxrivs77)

My hobbies and interests are card making and papercraft, Jewellery making, Scrapbooking, sewing/Patchwork and all sorts of other crafty things. 8-)

I also like walking, reading, solving puzzles (wordsearches, crosswords, etc) and listening to music. I also like watching Formula 1 and am a big Jenson Button fan, too! :-D :-D

I'm 39 years old, (Big 4-0 in January next year. Eek!) single and unemployed. I'm a committed Christian and regularly attend my local Pentecostal Church. I live in Wiltshire, in the south west of England. :-)

I was brought up, and still live in the west of Wiltshire. I have a younger brother who is due to get married in Mauritius next month (August). I have a fairly large family and an extended family, too. :-)
My faith in God is what keeps me going during good and bad times and I'm also very blessed to have a good circle of friends who are very helpful and supportive. :-D
I was diagnosed with FMS on Friday last week (1st July, 2016), which I'm struggling to accept and come to terms with, :crazy: :crazy: although I've had symptoms for a number of years. I also suffer with a few other illnesses too, such as Anxiety, Paranoia and Depression, IBS, Arthritis, Gastric Reflux Disease (GORD) and Asthma, to name just a few. :pull-hair: :(

I'm hoping to be able to find out more info on FMS and how to cope with it on here, and am looking forward to making friends with you lovely people. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :hugs: :blowkiss: :coffee1:
Many thanks for your warm welcome on here the other day, it was and is very much appreciated. :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Hope you're all having a lovely day, wherever you are and whatever it is you're doing today. Also, I hope your symptoms aren't playing up too badly for you all today. (I'm not feeling too bad on the whole today, but I do have a very bad pain in my hips , which won't go away.)

Sending you all lots of love and very big, yet very gentle hugs. :grouphug: :grouphug: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Vikki.
xxxx :-)

fairy_dust
"Nothing is Impossible with God."
VixxRivs77
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from vixxrivs77

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:46 am

Hi Vikki,

I'm Lindy, nice to "meet" you :-) I'll be the big 5-0 on the 12th of this month.
I was diagnosed in April, so I'm still getting to grips with how this FM affects me. Learning what I need to do differently, or what I should avoid doing. And of course, finding out what I shouldn't have done, after I've done it hehe! I work full time, so unfortunately, somethings are unavoidable.
I like doing crafts too. My favourite pass time is crochet. I make night lights - with a difference - not just for children's rooms, but for adults too. I've just blinged up my crutch as well -looks fabulous!
The forum is full of advice, and people sharing their experiences, which is helpful for us beginners. However, it's important to keep in mind, that it affects us all differently.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby VixxRivs77 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:15 pm

VixxRivs77
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Oh I relate to the forgetfulness Vikki. I have to write everything down! No sooner do I remember things, its out my head promptly. On route in the car - I forfet where Im going!
Stick to micro chips Vikki! Much safer :-)

I think you should your stick nice and bright -)

Hope you are ok and have a good weekend.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby VixxRivs77 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:24 pm

VixxRivs77
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:50 am

Hi Vikki,

Sorry for the late reply, I was off mainland, on the Isle of Bute. We rent a little cottage there. No internet, no phone, no mobile signal :-) It's lovely to just disconnect for a while. The weather wasn't great - rained every day, but hey ho!
I totally understand what you mean about not being able to do the things we used to. Snap! But you know, sometimes there are ways around it, and we can do things in a different way. And if all else fails, we can find new things to do. But yes, it can be so frustrating. It's also frustrating when our friends or family can't understand why we can't do what we used to. I try my best to ignore that, and just take care of me, the best way I know how. I will admit, that there are occasions when it does infuriate me, and I could let loose with my mouth ( and I have done), but I breathe and walk away, as I don't fancy prison ;-)

Hope you are doing ok Vikki,.and thank you kindly for the birthday wishes. 50!! Duno how that happened hehe.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello