Referral to Fibro Clinic

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Referral to Fibro Clinic

Postby lambykin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Hello - I am 56 and have had a history of CFS in the past so I struggle a bit with worrying that I am a malingerer. However things came to a head for me back in April/May time and I went to talk to my GP as I realised that I seemed to have most of the symptoms of FM. She said she could refer me on to a Fibro Clinic (I am in East Dorset) but needed to run blood tests to rule out anything first. The blood test picked up low Vitamin D ... so she wanted to sort that first .... gave me 2 x 400 iu of D3 a day and said have repeat test in 2 months ... guess what - Vit D not changed .... the Vit D support groups all say not enough of a supplement anyway but I know now that many people with FM have Vit D deficiency. I am waiting for a call from a different GP in practice (the original one is away) so hoping that he will make the referral and increase the supplement at the same time ..... in the meantime my hip area is really painful and my hands ache (amongst the IBS/restless legs/insomnia/fatigue/tender places) - I can either work in the week or have a good weekend - not both!!
lambykin
UKFM Newbie

Re: Referral to Fibro Clinic

Postby tazzajay 1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:43 pm

:welcome:
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Welcome to the fibromyalgia forums :welcome: I hope that you get referred to a fibro clinic or just to see a rheumatologist so that they can diagnose you. I had low vitamin d levels too, I still take vit d every day, it's very common with fibro.

I completely understand about trying to work in the week and how it effects on your weekend. It's really hard to keep going but you have to learn to pace yourself. Can you cut your hours?

Gentle hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Yip, my vit d was almost non existant!

Until you have a diagnosis, and then hopefully treatment to help - try epsom salts baths. 4 large cupfuls - to get any benefit. I find them great for easing the aches. I also find heat helps greatly. I use my hot water bottle - believe it or not, I was taking it into work with me to sit on it as my butt cheeks were killing me. The self adhesive heat pads from the pound shop work a treat too. It's awful when you feel so sore.

Much Love
Lindy
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:34 pm

Epsom salts are great at relieving muscle pain. Thanks for the tip Lindy about the pound shop heat pads, I will be stocking up next time I go in there :)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello