hello from Essex

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello from Essex

Postby kittycatclare » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:23 am

Hi there .. I was diagnosed last year but only starting to face the fact of my new life.
my names clare and I'm 29 from Essex .. wondering if there's any one nearby?!
Any advice help or tips would be much appreciated.. I'm in a bit of a dark hole at present .. and need a guide in the right direction
thanks in advance clare x
kittycatclare
UKFM Member

Re: hello from Essex

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:48 pm

:welcome: Clare

Just seen your other post will try and help.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: hello from Essex

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:45 am

Hi Clare,

I replied to your other post.

FM is one of those unpredictable conditions. For me, I just go with the flow of each day. I do what I can, when I can, and how I can. There's no other way for it.
I don't beat myself up if I can't manage to do something, or go somewhere, due to what kind of day I'm having. I just think " oh well, tomorrow is another day", and take tomorrow as it comes.
I take my pain relief, 3 (sometimes 4) times a day. I don't "wait til I'm sore". I keep myself topped up. I've read some posts, where people have stated " I'm not one for taking tablets" - I have no problem with it. FM is a life long, chronic condition. I either take the meds, and have a life, or don't take them, and sit on the sofa in agony, as my whole body seizes up, and have my husband wipe my butt, coz I can't reach! I know what I prefer.
I've also had friends and aquaintances say, " oh you better watch, you don't want to become addicted to those tablets" - again, I have a very painful condition, that is not going to go away. IfI had a chronic problem with my heart or lungs, and had to take meds, nothing would be said, so why is FM any different? So no, I don't care a jot - I take the meds, coz they work for me, and allow me to live a quality of life. I also work full-time.
You will read lots of info Clare. Some will be helpful, and some won't. Some will be positive, and some won't. You take what you want from the info, and leave the rest. You will learn how FM affects you. What you can do, what you can't, and what you can do, but in a different way.

Much Love, and sorry for the war and peace reply :-)
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello