How can anyone have their BP taken?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How can anyone have their BP taken?

Postby Roselil » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Dear friends, I was wondering how anyone can have their BP taken on their arm, with such painful arms? I have recently had a Dr and a lady in Superdrug try to take my BP, but the pain was unbearable, could not continue to get a reading! I have a wrist monitor at home, but I am told these are just not accurate. So knowing I have high BP readings in the past, I am now getting rather concerned, as I am unable to be checked out. Just wondering how others cope. Perhaps they do not have such painful arms. Any thoughts? Thanks. Sincerely yours, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Re: How can anyone have their BP taken?

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:27 pm

:welcome:

I am under the hospital having numerous tests at the moment for another health issue and so i have been having lots a blood tests and BP taken etc...

My arm kills too with the BP machine plus i have pressure hives so my arm reacts in pain and hives :roll:

Now i have not tried this but i wonder if rubbing some pain reliving gel over the arm 15mins before it gets taken may of be some help? just a thought.

Apart from taking painkillers im not sure there is any other way :dunno:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: How can anyone have their BP taken?

Postby Roselil » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Thank you, Lisa, for your kind response. It is true that I had not thought of applying a pain-gel beforehand, but I really do not find they help much anyway. I do however think there is a possibility with the Biofreeze which I would recommend to give some relief, so that might just work on the arm, and I will try that the next time I have to visit a doctor. It does affect my eyes though, but it would be worth it to get a proper BP reading.

sincerely yours, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello