hi all, chris from london/kent

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi all, chris from london/kent

Postby I AM BEAR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:46 pm

hi all
my names chris, im 40 and suffer from fibro myalgia. been suffering for quite a few years before I was diagnosed around 4 1/2 years ago.
since then its gradually got worse, been through the usual story of trying different meds, different treatments, pain clinics etc but to no avail at the moment. found this forum whilst trying to get info on my PIP appeal and thought id join up and maybe find some help on getting through the problems FM brings.
Gave up work about 4 years ago, didn't plan on being at home for this long but currently im a stay at home dad to my 3 year old, that brings its own set of problems but that's another story :shock: apparently its easier than going to work :roll:
anyway that's me, kept it short n sweet but im open to talk about anything.
cheers all
Chris
I AM BEAR
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi all, chris from london/kent

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi Chris

:welcome: welcome to our fibro family :-D

Have a look around, ask any questions and we will try to answer them.

Hugs
Claire
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby I AM BEAR » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:19 pm

thanks, I was beginning to wonder where everyone was. 40 views and not a word!
I AM BEAR
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. :-) It tends to get busier as the darker nights draw in.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 am

:welcome: Chris :-D

Good Luck for your PIP appeal :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby I AM BEAR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:29 am

thanks all :-D
I AM BEAR
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late welcome. I haven't been postong for a little bit as I have had the month from hell with such painful ribs! Costochondritis! Dear Lord, I thought I was sent for.
I only got diagnosed in April of this year-but have had symptoms for a few years prior to diagnosis.
I got awarded the standard care component of PiP, but zilch for mobility, as I can mobilize with a crutch.
I do still work full-time, for now, but it's a struggle some days.
Hard going for you, with a little one to run after.

I hope you find the forum helpful

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby I AM BEAR » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 pm

hi lindy, thanks for the welcome
yes looking after a 3 year old can be a challenge for anyone but some days are certainly a lot harder than others.
I doubt ill get any help via PIP, its been over a year of chasing them. it took them 3 months to get the forms to me with the right name on them FFS!
some days im "ok" but ill have bouts of just being totally wiped out, even on the good days your kinda waiting for it to bite.

its a nasty nasty illness and the lack of understanding by both the doctors and people in general is very hard to deal with.
ill pop in n out of the forum but im not a huge fan of the internet, still its good to see others are in the same boat
cheers all
chris
I AM BEAR
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello