Glad I Found This Site

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Glad I Found This Site

Postby FishOut OfWater16 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:09 am

Hello.

Where to start? Erm fibromyalgia sucks, or fibro do you call it that? Me and my partner call it fibe. I'm a 23 year old dad and I've had the syndrome about 2 years. At times I really hate my life because its not fair being in this much pain everyday all day, its just awful there's no other word for how down I feel some days. My wrists hurt the most and I would rate wrist pain the worse kind because its so hard not to use them! Then its the back of my head/neck, knees, back and then my shoulders. Just recently I've been getting bad pain at the top of my rib cage. I think its developed from having a 23lbs baby laid on my chest for hours and rocking/bouncing him to sleep. My 8 month is teething bad atm so my sleep is not great, its improved a bit but not much. If we are lucky he sleeps 4 hours straight. The worse thing is that pain and sleep bounce of each other. In general day to day life I feel apart from people because my body doesn't work like theres, so that's why I'm glad I've came across this site and found people that can actually empathise. Man! My wrist even hurt rested on the laptop typing this.
FishOut OfWater16
UKFM Newbie

Re: Glad I Found This Site

Postby perseus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:33 am

Hi, welcome to the site.

It sounds like you have the widespread pain that's associated with fibromyalgia. Any muscles which are overused can be particularly sensitive to the condition.

Yes, it's frustrating how people treat us as if the pain is just a temporary thing, but is carries on year after year and just wears you down.

Some theories about fibro is that the lack of quality sleep is a causal factor. Good sleep is certainly helpful, and it must be particularly distressing to have the added stress of being woken up throughout the night. I know when my dog sleeps in my bedroom with me I get little sleep, and he's relatively quiet!

Regards Stephen
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: Glad I Found This Site

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:10 am

Hi there,

I also get widespread pain. It's bloomin awful.
The pain you speak of, in your ribcage, could be costochondritis. It's very common with people who have FM. And it is one of the most painful things ever.
Certainly, lack of sleep sure doesn't help - but when you have a baby, your kinda goosed there, until he sleeps longer.
Do you take medication for your pain? Heat also helps me greatly. When my ribs ache, I use a hot water bottle. It's the only thing that offers some relief.
What works for one, may not for another. It's about finding out what works for you.
A friend of mine asked me " are you not worried about becoming addicted to the medication?". No! Not a jot! I have 2 options - take meds and have a life. Don't take meds and become like the tin man. Hardly able to move and in the most horrific pain. So, give me the meds thanks. FM is a chronic condition. It doesn't go away. There is no cure. So we have to manage it the best way we can.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello