[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby sjjosey » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:29 am

My name is SJ and I live in Wales. I am a civil servant. I was firstly diagnosed with ME 25 years ago but the diagnosis was then changed to fibromyalgia about 4 or 5 years later. I take venlafaxine, amitriptaline, gabapentin, morphine as my main pain killers. I do still manage to work although I have recently dropped a few hours a week.
sjjosey
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby perseus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi SJ Welcome to the forum.

My situation is similar to yours with an original ME diagnosis back in 1989, but developed the fibro symptoms after a car accident in 1999. I think a lot of the symptoms overlap and are similar in other respects. I was also a civil servant but the organisation was privatised and I'm retired now.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Nice to have you with us SJ xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Hello and welcome SJ :-)

I was diagnosed last year. Been a rather tough year at that! I work full-time ( recently back after 6 months off sick).
Neuro doubled the gabapentin, and I have to say, that seems to be keeping me on an even keel. Hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that lol.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello