New here unsure

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here unsure

Postby Fortyishmale » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Good evening forum
Am a forty something male who keeps going to doctors but never get any answers.
Have suffered chronic stress since 21, Thought I was ok but have suffered severe anxiety and depression for 14 years
The last 5 years I have all over muscle pain , really painful back and muscles lose energy really quickly when exercising.Regular gym goer but really struggling with excersising now don’t have as much energy and always feel fatigued , life feels an effort a lot of the time.
Does any one feel like this and am I in the right forum as I’ve had no diagnosis.

Thanks for reading
Fortyishmale
UKFM Newbie

Re: New here unsure

Postby perseus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum although I see you joined a few years ago. Have you ever been to a Rheumatologist to obtain a diagnosis?

Fibromyalgia is usually distinguished from other syndromes by having widespread body pain (front and back, right and left, both sides of the diaphragm) for at least 3 months in addition to tenderness (digital palpation at an approximate force of 4 kg) of at least 11 out of 18 designated tender point sites

https://bestpractice.bmj.com/topics/en-gb/187
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: New here unsure

Postby Fortyishmale » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi thanks for replies have been to a rheumatologist and had all blood tests came back normal .
Also had xrays which were fine , they just put it down to unexplained maybe long term stress.
Fortyishmale
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello