New here unsure

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here unsure

Postby Fortyishmale » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Good evening forum
Am a forty something male who keeps going to doctors but never get any answers.
Have suffered chronic stress since 21, Thought I was ok but have suffered severe anxiety and depression for 14 years
The last 5 years I have all over muscle pain , really painful back and muscles lose energy really quickly when exercising.Regular gym goer but really struggling with excersising now don’t have as much energy and always feel fatigued , life feels an effort a lot of the time.
Does any one feel like this and am I in the right forum as I’ve had no diagnosis.

Thanks for reading
Fortyishmale
UKFM Newbie

Re: New here unsure

Postby perseus » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum although I see you joined a few years ago. Have you ever been to a Rheumatologist to obtain a diagnosis?

Fibromyalgia is usually distinguished from other syndromes by having widespread body pain (front and back, right and left, both sides of the diaphragm) for at least 3 months in addition to tenderness (digital palpation at an approximate force of 4 kg) of at least 11 out of 18 designated tender point sites

https://bestpractice.bmj.com/topics/en-gb/187
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi & welcome. :-D

Symptoms do sound like It could possibly be fibro. It’s a process of elimination to by ruling out any other illnesses as fibromyalgia can mimic that of many conditions.

If your not getting any where with the doctors there are other paths but will cost.

A physiotherapist/chiropractor/osteopathy can give you an assessment. They should be trained on fibro symptoms and can sometimes detect if they feel it’s fibromyalgia.

Some people have paid privately to see a consultant in rheumatology. Some have changed doctors if they felt they wasn’t listened to.

I hope you find some answers soon.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Fortyishmale » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi thanks for replies have been to a rheumatologist and had all blood tests came back normal .
Also had xrays which were fine , they just put it down to unexplained maybe long term stress.
Fortyishmale
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello