[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - MEN WITH FIBRO

MEN WITH FIBRO

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Arnu » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:03 pm

I have found no literature that covers men having FM and although that isn't a real issue it would be interesting to know if there are any destinct differences in symptoms between women and men who suffer FM.

I know that I suffer with the pain and especially the sensitivity to touch to the point that if my scarf gets caught between my jacket and my shoulder after a moment or two I'm in a lot of pain. But I haven't suffered with fatigue as badly as most have (when I do suffer from a bout of fatigue it tends to be dramatic but short lived).

I was wondering if pain was more of a factor with men or is it just as random as the rest of this illness.

Also as male body chemistry is a little different are there drug or treatments that work better or worse for men.

I don't begrudge that all the literature and research is aimed at women (as 90% of sufferer are women) but sometime it would be nice to be included.

The upside of the majority of sufferers being women is that the forum is much friendlier and more welcoming rather than a male dominated forum where most men try to act a bit tougher around each other. Because of that everyone is able to be a bit more open and get the support they need.
Arnu
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Have a look

scroll down and there is a section entitled Men with FM.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Zinc Oxide » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't like pain because it hurts.

I wish I was tough as my cat, she removed her own stiches and never complains of hurts or pains.
Zinc Oxide
UKFM Member

Re: MEN WITH FIBRO

Postby Mr.A » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Yes there are a lot of women here, but they've been really nice :)
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:25 pm

[quote="andypandy08"]Any other guys out there suffering with this @rap
seems like some times Im the only guy and the rest is the fairer sex

Names Andy and Im in sunny sussex

looking forward to hearing from other guys ......[/quote]

Eggle is a very nice guy (hasnt posted for a wee while, but am sure if you pm him he will respond)- not sure if there are more women than men to be honest, think woman are more easier drawn to a forum than men, as most have John Wayne Syndrome)!! No offence Andy. Do you know that JWS is - thnk about it The Quiet man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby is one of them :wave:
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Ahhh thankyou Mr A we aim to please. :grouphug: motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Re:

Postby gillshutt » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:49 am

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby creaky » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:00 pm

half of the problem is finding a doctor who recognises the symptoms,i think ive had it a lot longer than when it was diagnosed.
creaky
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello