Newbie from Wales

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie from Wales

Postby Tracy Thomas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi I'm Tracy and I was diagnosed with FM two months ago but I've been in constant pain particularly in my back and neck for about nine months. I feel like I'm deteriorating day by day and I'm struggling to accept my limitations.

Today was a particularly bad day, I've been suffering with what feels like cramp in my foot for the past three days and it got so bad today I was unable to walk and I felt like it pushed me over the edge and spent most of the day in work in tears, (a good friend gave me a foot massage and shoulder to cry on which helped). I feel like I'm on the point of collapse by the time I get home each night.

I don't feel like anyone really understands, in fact one work friend told me I'd probably feel a lot better if I just stopped thinking about it, I'd love to but the pain is difficult to ignore.

Does anyone ever get better? Don't know if I can cope with the concept that I'll be like this or even worse for the rest of life. I'd like to have another baby (I have an adorable 4 year old boy) but it feels like an impossiblity right now.

At the moment this forum seems like my only support.
Tracy Thomas
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi Tracy and welcome to the forum from another S Wales FMer. Not good news I'm afraid, don't know of anyone who has got better but hopefully you can find the right meds for you to help keep it at bay.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 pm

HI tracey sorry you are having such a bad time.We are all different but we do have good spells . I have had fibro for 40 years but in that time i have had spells of remission some lasting a couple of years. You need to find out what relieves the pain its different for everyone take a look around the forum there are lots of hints, Everyone is very friendly and always here for you. Cottonwool hugs motherelle.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracy Thomas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've had a much better day today, still in constant of course but just felt more bearable today and I'm not as exhausted tonight. Did less hours in work than normal (its not unusual for me to do stupid number) and thinking it time I accepted my body is insisting I slow down and stop ignoring it.

I have a holiday booked to go to Egypt in three weeks as the only time in the last nine months I've felt OK was on holiday in Greece in September. The physio said it was due to the effect the sun has on the connective tissues. Does anyone else find that the sun helps? Should seriously consider emigrating if it does!
I would like to upgrade my body to the pain free model - is it really too much to ask?
Tracy Thomas
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Glad your feeling a bit better tracey. Yes i think most of us feel better with warmer weather just not too hot or it causes other problems. motherelle
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby Lesley Doyle » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 am

Hi and Welcome to the forum, :D
Take care
Lesley

"WANTED " a brain if found please sent it to me, as mine has run off again
Lesley Doyle
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 am

I find too much heat is as bad as not enough but then I'm never happy :lol: If it's hot I get exhausted and if it's cold my pain is worse :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:35 pm

same for me Gill especially with the meno flushes as well.two years ago when i was at my worst meno wise we had to go to cyprus for our sons wedding(his wife is cypriot) ,it was mid august 49 degrees humidity like you have ever know and golly did i suffer .The church service lasted 2 hours everyone standing after 15mins my legs started to buckle i had to sit down everyone was looking at me it was awful. then after the service we had to shake hands with 4000 (yes 4000) guests . Ive warned the other 2 dont even think about marrying a cypriot girl if she wants to marry over there,I wouldnt mind but they got married in england first ha ha. hottest summer here since 1976.whew.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracy Thomas » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:39 pm

I'd say even pre FM I wouldn't have fancied standing for two hours in extreme heat so I'd say you were probabaly doing quite well.

Tracy.
I would like to upgrade my body to the pain free model - is it really too much to ask?
Tracy Thomas
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie from Wales

Postby louisebt » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Another south wales person here!, hope your doing ok :wave:
louisebt
UKFM Newbie

Postby taz1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 am

Hiya :wave: Yet another member from south wales. I live just outside Neath.
:welcome: this forum is the best thing that has happened to me since doctor signed me off work in early Feb.
Mandyxx :hugs:
taz1
UKFM Member

Postby roxichik » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:16 am

Hi Tracey
I was sorry to hear you are not feeling too good. It is very hard to accept limitations. Losing the freedom to choose can be very depressing and frustrating and make you very angry. I find having a good shouting session and using rude words can help a lot. Do not think of this in any bigger terms than "what can I do today". Try not to think of the future as none of us knows what that will bring. Keep in touch with the forum and everyone here can support you as we have a good idea of what you are going through.
Heidi
roxichik
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello