anyone from south wales

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

anyone from south wales

Postby taz1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi

My name is Mandy and I'm looking for some friends from this part of the country. I have recently joined the forum - only this week, after visiting the site a few times. I liked the fact that everyone is so friendly and supportive of each other, and even there to listen when you want to have a moan, depressed or even just for a chat.

So.is anyone out there???????????????? :lol:
xxx
taz1
UKFM Member

Re: anyone from south wales

Postby derekh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm

hello mandy
im from south wales ive had fibro for 40 odd years im 56 now i also have cfs and athritis as well ,you will find the forum very helpful.
hope to hear from you soon
derek
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:27 am

Yes I'm in Cwmbran... there are qute a few people in the area with FM. What part are you from?

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby taz1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi Gill and Derek

I'm from Pontardawe in Swansea - originally from Kent,but moved to Wales when I a teenager. Married a guy from Rhos and now living up there. It's great. He is brill and both my kids are. It must be hard for them living with me like this though.

Speak soon
Mandy xx
taz1
UKFM Member

Postby derekh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:41 pm

hello mandy
did you know there is a fibro support group in portalbot and swansea i attend the one in portalbot the one in swansea is on the first tuesday of each month ,i find the group very good and helpful
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby taz1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Hiya

Yes i do thanks. A colleague from work saw an advertisement in the local paper and gave the info to my husband. I am waiting for the next one in Swansea Vale Resource Centre. What happens at these meetings? I'm very nervous.

Mandy x
taz1
UKFM Member

Postby welshflower » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Elo pawb

I am a newbee and have just joined today altho I have had ME/CFS/FIBRO for at least 15years. I am frm the Brecon Beacons area and normally just get on quietly with my daily suffering, but am having one of the worst flare ups I have had in a few years and feeling sorry for myself. Especially as I am on week 2 of my annual leave frm work and should be enjoying myself. Today I was meant to be meeting my friends for lunch aaarrrggggg :(
welshflower
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lesley Doyle » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi and Welcome to the forum
I am from North Cornelly Bridgend, I go to the Bridgend Fibro meetings, and they are very good, and make new friends. I have FMS/ME
Take care
Lesley

"WANTED " a brain if found please sent it to me, as mine has run off again
Lesley Doyle
UKFM Member

Postby welshflower » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi All

Im not sure what I am hoping to achieve by joining the forum but felt I wasnt alone in my plight when reading everyones stories although I always know that there are so many other sufferers out there and actually felt better after just contacting a few people. I find it difficult to talk to people about the condition and how it affects me and am always the invinsible one so I am finding this as a bit of a revelation and a weight off my shoulders. :o
welshflower
UKFM Newbie

Postby samantha louise » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:12 pm

hi welshflower welcome to you
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:05 am

Hi Welshflower ((xx))

Youcan always talk on here as we all understand what you are going through and never judge or tell you to 'get on with it' 'get over it' 'put up with it' :roll: You'll get plenty of advice and help

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby welshflower » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanx to evryone for their kind words of support. Havin a bit of a mixed day today with pmt looming as well. Not a good time for my other half bless him :twisted:
welshflower
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:20 am

Hope you're feeling better today... I had a rough day Thursday... really bad stomach bug, bad backache, and then came on :shock: Had t call hubby home from work 10 minutes after he got there to come and look after the kids, get them to school etc as I was stuck on the loo then passed out on the bed... luckily woke up to find he's coe home and sorted everything.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby welshflower » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 am

Hi ALL

I notice that there are not many posts and I was wondering why.Is everyone cured,moved elsewhwere or just sending personnal msgs?

Confused :grouphug:
welshflower
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 pm

This forum isn't very busy although we do have our moments. It attracts people because it's not difficult to keep up with the posts.. fog days can make it difficult.

There are busier fm forums but we are quiet and sedate on here :lol:

No cures though, sorry :cry:

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello