[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi I am from Somerset and looking for friends

Hi I am from Somerset and looking for friends

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Suzyb » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:46 pm

Well its a lovely sunny day here too. Its quite warm as long as you don't get into the shade as well. It always make me feel a lot easier as the weather gets better. My mate has just gone and she has washed my hair for me so that makes me feel wonderful as well. Something at 47 not to be able to wash your own hair properly isnt it. lol. All I need to do now is to attack it with a paddly brush lol. There are many days when I can't do that either and my hubby has got quite good at brushing the tangles out of my hair now. I said to him only the other day that I bet he hadn't thought he would have been doing that for me when we married nearly 5 years ago. Bless him he has been marvellous and takes a lot in his stride and I know that I would try the patience of a saint some days. My mate has just had to sit here and tell me that I told her this that and the other already today lol.

I did contact a lady called Beth Farron I think it was when I was first diagnosed and she has my details on file so if anyone else from Yeovil area wants a contact she did say that she would pass my number on. I have had a chat on msn with Crazydazy and we are arranging to meet for coffee after easter which I am looking forward to. This forum has been great as well as its really put me in contact with a lot of you with the same problems and you know it does make it all seem so much better when you realise its not you that is peculiar its the damn FMS. :?

That is a lovely idea to try to get out to some of the people that can't get to the meets. I hope it all goes well for you all. I am going to be away when its Fibromyalgia Awareness day in Turkey which is a shame as I would have liked to be involved in something on that day to promote awareness myself. We have a little idea to raise some funds on the back burner at the moment and it wont be materialising this year I know but it should be a pretty good fundraiser if we can get it to the starting blocks. Hubby and son are going to do it.

Thanks for all your help Joo you have been marvellous. I think I might even go out for a ride later if the weather holds out. The old mobility scooter is due an outing lol. Hubby has put stickers on it that always get remarks made and a giggle too. Found them when I was in Weymouth last year. I like the one that says. "Yes, I'm disabled, get over it" but then that is my sense of humour. lol. Take care and have a good one. Suzy :lol:
Still got my sense of humour despite the FMS
Suzyb
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:57 pm

:D Hi again Suzy, definately think an outing would be good, I was hoping to get to Burnham with hubby on his afternood off to just get blasted by the wind!!!! Crazy really but it makes you feel alive and blows countless cobwebs away!!! But daughter wants to go to Ikea!!! I ask you...honestly!!!

Beth Farron is a very good friend to me Suzy, and has helped me face my fibro dilemma's in a very positive way. She is also chairwoman of our support group and I'm treasurer so we've got to know each other well. I'm going to be chatting to her later today so will metion you and your comments, she has a good memory for names....most of the time!! A heck of a lot better than me, thats for sure!!!!

Right, theres a whole morning gone again and haven't done most of what I should but hey ho, it'll still be there later!!

Take care and watch out for those sleeping policemen!!!! :shock: Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Hi

Postby DeeDee » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:07 am

DeeDee
UKFM Member

Hi Dee

Postby Suzyb » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:48 am

Suzyb
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:05 am

Hi everyone in Somerset ! I've just moved to Frome.
Min
UKFM Member

Hi Min

Postby Suzyb » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Hiya Min, sorry for the delay in replying to you but I have not been able to get online for a few days due to problems with my phone line.

I see by your post that you have recently moved into Frome and wondered where you lived before that. The other thing I was going to ask was whether you are recently diagnosed with FMS or whether you have had it a long time now.

I was diagnosed about 3 years ago now and sadly have got worse as time has moved along but I still remain optimistic that a cure will be found one day even if its not in my lifetime. I have tried to adapt my surroundings and habits to suit the condition as best I can and now take pleasure in the little things in life more than I did before.

The most difficult thing I have faced to date was my husband going into the Bristol Royal for a heart bypass. He has had a slow recovery because he developed a chest infection and I hope that he will be home this weekend now. It was a hard visit to do as there was nowhere for disabled parking due to construction work there. I had to walk all round the hospital to get to the lifts to take me to the ward and it was absolute agony and painfully slow as well. I ended up only managing to shuffle to get myself there. On arrival there were no wheelchairs for me to borrow. We decided to stay overnight in a hotel so that I could go again in the morning and sods law had it that the hotel room was at the other end of the corridor. It seemed to be that wherever I needed to get to was as far as possible away from me lol. Still I have recovered now and rested up for the last few days while my best friend has been here looking after me and sorting my house out again. She catches up with all the jobs that my husband and I have not been able to manage and she is truly an angel sent to me by god.

Do tell us more about yourself. All the best for now from Suzy in Yeovil. :P
Suzyb
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Thank you for answering Suzyb. What I dreadful time you've had visiting your husband! How is he now? I do hope he has recovered from his chest infection & making a good recovery. What a wonderful friend you have there to help you.

The hospital's attempts to make us use public transport are making life very difficult for us, you must have been exhausted &in awful pain. No wheelchairs? In a hospital?
I've just moved from Swindon, where the brand new hospital was built without adequate parking spaces. Last time I went there I had to climb out of the car straight onto a muddy flowerbed.

I've been ill for 20 years & also have severe M.E.; I'm giving the Guaifenesin protocol my best shot as I've tried nearly everything else.

Hope you will be able to cope with caring for both your hubby & yourself!
Min
UKFM Member

Hi Min

Postby Suzyb » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:35 am

Hi Min. Thanks for the reply and yes he is slowly recovering and actually came home last night. He has spent the night in the arm chair as he still can't lie down very comfortably and he also did not want to go upstairs and be on his own. I sleep downstairs in the lounge on my electric bed. I offered it to him and he said no but has now taken over it for a few hours. To tell the truth I am tired out as I have only had a few hours broken sleep but I am sure that things will get better when he adjusts to being at home.

I am sorry to hear that you have been ill for so long and also that you have ME on top of the FMS. I have read all about the guafenesin protocol but as yet have not had the courage to try it myself. Have you found it easy enough to cut out all foods and products containing salicilates? Take care and keep your chin up. Suzy
Suzyb
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:17 pm

What wonderful news that he is safely home, but you must both be completely exhausted. Have you any help in the home for a few weeks? How are you going to manage meals?

You're awake & functioning at 6.30a.m. Suzy! Was your sleep broken because you were worried about him? Hope you have both had adequate rest now.

(I haven't found cutting the salicyates in toiletries & dental products too difficult as there is a list of ones we can use on the UK Guai group message board. We don't have to avoid salicylates in food except asprin & mint.)
Min
UKFM Member

Hi Min

Postby Suzyb » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi Min, you are so right we both are exhausted at the moment. I have a carer who comes to help me with a wash and dress in the morning as I can't get up to the bathroom most of the time and then after that Roy and I will have to muddle through the best we can manage. I have stocked in some easy microwave meals to tide us over for a while as Roy is not eating much at the moment anyway. One way or the other we will get by. My friend will come in the week to help with the hoovering and ironing and I am coping just with the day to day bits. What we can't manage will get left for a while till we are both feeling stronger again. I did think about asking for more help but then it is such a performance as they never come when you need them and you spend your life hanging around for someone to arrive and nine times out of ten they can't wait to rush off to the next job. Having been a carer myself before I took ill I understand their pressures but it seems harder to cope with when you are on the end of it. I used to pay a cleaner to come and do a couple of hours a week for me till Roy had to stop working because of his heart and then I had to stop her as money was too tight to afford her.

Still on the brighter side we are another day down the road to his recovery which is great. Although I do seem to be doing the wrong thing all day today which is beginning to get a bit wearing. Its the drugs talking of course.

Keep me informed of how you are getting on with the Guafenesin and how it is effecting your FMS now. Take care. Suzy xx :D
Suzyb
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:03 pm

If he's getting niggly he must be feeling a bit better! So glad to hear you are both doing OK ieven if you are both exhausted - the worry must have already worn you out without all the difficulties visitng him when he was in hospital.

best wishes to you both
Min
UKFM Member

Re: Hi I am from Somerset and looking for friends

Postby dolphintara » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 pm

hi
im from yeovil and looking to talk as im suffering on my own ,

thank you
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Re: Hi I am from Somerset and looking for friends

Postby denys » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi Dolphintara, this post is from 2006 and a lot of those who posted dont visit the forum much anymore. You would be better posting again on a new topic :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello