[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hiya...new to the forum

Hiya...new to the forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hiya...new to the forum

Postby jennib1008 » Sat May 02, 2009 7:36 am

:wave: Hi my name is Jenni I am 46 years old. I have Endometriosis and was recently diagnosed with FM. Although I asked the doctor myself to have me referred to Rheumatology. I had been going back and forward to the docs for a couple of years with the aches and pains and he just put it down to the Endo and because of the jobs I have done in the past, 'It is just wear and tear'. :banghead: Gave me some painkillers and just to go back and get some more if I needed them. I searched my symptoms on the web and found FM. I asked the doc if this could be an option and he kind of dismissed it at first. When I badgered him he sent me to Rheumatology. I thought at first I would get a pill and I would be fine, able to do the normal everyday things. HA!! Think again Jen.

Like most of you on here I have the usual back, neck, hips and leg pain. I also get it in my hands, arms...sod this, I get it everywhere on my body, it aches all over at some time point of the day. When I get up in the morning I do exercises to help ease some of this, but as the day goes on I just get worse.

I am trying to keep working but it is affecting my job now. I am supposed to take 30/500 mg Co-codomol (8 a aday) but I can't take that much as it sends me to the moon and I can't do my job. So I take 1 morning, lunchtime, tea time and then 2 before bed and it helps me sleep. I was taking Amytripiline (sp) but stopped them as they didn't help.

It is not just the pain symptoms that get me. It is the depression that goes with it. i don't sit and cry about it, well not all the time, but sometimes I just wish it would all go away. I dream of waking up in the morning and it is all a bad dream.

Everyday things like picking up a cup of coffee, I have to think how to do it before doing it, or it will end up all down me. My hand just gives way to the pain and bosh, covered in coffee. HOT!!

Taking painkillers is ok but what bothers me more is the fact that people do not understand how it feels and they just think there is nothing wrong. i am just moaning about nothing. I wish they could be in my shoes for a day and see how they get on.

At the moment I am going to Physio but that is not helping me for everything.
I have tennis elbow in my left, and it is now starting to show in the right. I have exercises to help ease it and others to strengthen when I am ready. But going to get anti-inflamatories for it.
I have got to go and get my eyes tested as I am now getting double vision.
My balance is also afffected and I can stagger even when just walking normally.
I don't know if it is related but I get tremors every now and then. The physio thinks it could be the painkillers but if it was I would be getting them all the time and I am not.
Bright light also affects me, not a light shining in my eyes, but sunlight, so I have to wear sunglasses most of the time. I look daft when it is just slightly sunny and raining and I have sunglasses on. If I don't then I end up with the mother of all headaches which in turn goes into a migraine. Yippee another condition.
I also have a bit of memory impairment, which gets quite scary at times. Trying to remember simple things - what did i do yesterday, just can't remember. Someones name just evades me sometimes, and I know them.

It is sometimes hard to differentiate between the symptoms of the Endo and the FM. When I have trouble with them both it is just Arrrgh!!!

Oh well life goes on and we just have to grin and bear it. I have a hubby who is very understanding and he has Iron deficiency anaemia and Giant Cell Arteritis (also known as Temporal Arteritis). So if it not him felling unwell it is me. Great fun in the house. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 4 ferrets ( 1 with cancer and another has had a stroke) which keep me busy. If it wasn't for them I think I would just sit down and vegitate.

I was so glad when I found this site. I thought great someone to talk to. I don't really have anyone to talk to, apart from hubby. I think he has heard it all. More than once.

I hope to meet you all in time and after having a look round there seems to be a load of info on lots of different things that might help me get through a day.

Thankyou for letting me join your community.
Jenni :hugs:
jennib1008
UKFM Member

Re: Hiya...new to the forum

Postby samantha louise » Sat May 02, 2009 8:13 am

hi jenni welcome to the forum sorry you have fm hun :welcome:
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby jennib1008 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:39 am

Hi Samantha and thankyou. It is just such a relief to be able to talk to others now. I know I wasn't alone but I didn't know anyone who had this condition until now. My hubby is from Wakefield. Yorkshire is so beautiful, I would stay there tomorrow.

Jenni
jennib1008
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 am

Hi Jenni and welcome to the forum... maybe you should go back to the doc and see if he can come up with different pain killers. I take tramadol and gabapentin as well as co-codamol and, to be honest, I try not to take the cocodamol unless I really have to because they make me constipated.

As far as understanding goes... you've just found a load of people who know exactly where you are coming from ((xx))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat May 02, 2009 6:53 pm

:welcome: jenni
so sorry to hear you have fibro, we all understand how and what you are going through.
any questions you have just ask.
there are so many different meds to try, so if you feel you are not getting anywhere try another.
if you take a look around the site you will be able to see what we take for our fibro, but anything you need to know we all try our best to give advice.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby groovy_chick » Sat May 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi and huge :welcome: and even bigger :hugs: :grouphug:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby sugar plum » Sat May 02, 2009 7:53 pm

:welcome: Hiya Jenn and a big welcome from me too.
It sounds as if you have a lot to contend with!!!
Like many of the others have said, symptom control is high priority and also will help with the low mood, :( Your obviously trying to solider on but a trip back to the gp or even rhemy may make a big difference to your quality of life :)
See you around - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: from me x
sugar plum
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat May 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi Jenn - Welcome to the Fibromytes Club
Sorry you have it, but nice to see you on the forum, hope you find all the answers to all your questions.
Certainly does you good to come on and speak to others in the very same situation as yourself - it has been a god send to me
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Beowulf1976 » Sat May 02, 2009 7:59 pm

:welcome: :grouphug: from me too :) :wave:

I am me, plain and simple in more than one sense of the words! ;)
Beowulf1976
UKFM Member

Postby Angel777 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Jenni
Welcome ,know how you feel , good to have you with us.
Angel xxx
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby joanypops » Tue May 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Hello Jenni :welcome:
We are all here if you need help Sorry you are suffering with this awful condition but its nice that you are here with us. Gentle hugs :grouphug:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby katharine » Mon May 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Kate and I live in a small'ish village just outside Boston in Lincolnshire.

I am 44, been marrieed 8 yrs this year and we have a 7 yr old 'little' boy. [I say 'little' but he's rather big for his age.....4ft 9, 7 st 8 and size 4 1/2 shoes!] :shock:

I am a nurse, but find it almost impossible to work very much....just the odd shift for an agency.

My husband is fantastic, I only met him in early 1999 and was diagnosed later the same year. He is incredably supportive, and understands how Fibro affects me.....sometimes he has to everything in the house and work. I don't know how he does it - it's a good job he's fitter than me! Bless him, he's 60 later this year...I'd better look after him hadn't I !? :lol:

Hope to 'speak' to some of you soon, x.
katharine
UKFM Newbie

Postby motherelephant » Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Hello Katherine and welcome to the forum ,im sure you will find it a great help ,anything you need to know just ask and someone will be along.Its great that you have a supportive hubby ,thats half the battle won.Look forward to hearing from you. Motherelle once again :welcome:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby lizfin » Tue May 19, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi jenni, sorry to hear you have fm but like all have said we all friendly here....... where about are you? im in perth :wave: :welcome: liz xxxxx
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby lizfin » Tue May 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Hello katherine sorry you have fm but i find this site very helpful :wave: :welcome:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello