[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi, Im a newbie.

Hi, Im a newbie.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, Im a newbie.

Postby Cuddles6 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:37 am

Hi everybody,
I am not sure that this is the right part of the forum to introduce myself as I found some introductions just now but seem to have lost them :dunno: . So typical of me!

I am 53, married with 5 big kids, 6 including hubby. I live at Margate, Kent.

I have been suffering with FM for about 12 years now. I have had various symptoms ranging from 'inexplicable' chronic pain to things that are flipping annoying. Visits to my last doctor, several which ended in floods of tears (me that is), resulted in him saying that I had some kind of fibro problem, ...der..! No information as to why I hurt all the time and why my life was absolutely rubbish. I felt so bad at times if I had have had enough energy I swear I would have gone and jumped off the cliff :yikes: !

It was by looking on the internet that I found out about Fibromyalgia. I knew straight away...thats it!! So this painful, dark and depressing existance had a name. I was amazed because there were symptons on there that I had suffered, some I had survived on my own and forgotten about. It was like somebody had turned the light on!!
I have a new doctor now and I am currently suffering with shoulder and upper back problems which are so painful and I cannot sleep so I armed myself with a list of symptoms that I suffer with and visited him. I have to write things down or I forget. We are now doing the tests so that he can officially diagnose me. Halleluja!!!
I feel more at peace now, still in a lot of pain but just so relieved that I have been listened to and that not everybody thinks I am a hypocondriac.

Wow!! It is so good to talk to peeps that understand X.
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Re: Hi, Im a newbie.

Postby Cuddles6 » Fri May 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your welcome :D .

Yes I am waiting for blood test results. I have had most before and because they have come back without anything conclusive nothing was followed up. I am also waiting to see the rhuematologist.

I feel angry that I have been left to suffer by my origional GP for so long.
I am one of those people that always try and make light of things and dosent like to complain so I guess thats why I have suffered alone for so long.

I was told it was my age, hormones, depression... It certainly dosent help your confidence. I feel now that I can try and help myself as I know what the demon is.

:idea:
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Fri May 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi and :welcome:

what a shame your last GP was not up to date with fibro. Sadly many of us have (or have) similar problems, which really doen't help our psychological state, never mind the physicalaties of having invisible pain and other symptoms. Roll on the day someone discovers a simple (blood? x-ray?) test that does confirm fibro!

You now at least know you are definitely NOT alone in this, and you've made the positive step of locating a doctor who 'believes' you and has at least heard of fibro. The tests are long and drawn out and frustrating, but have to be done in order to exclude other conditions that share the same/similar symptoms. Your rheumy will also be ready to check for fibro - mine sent 6 years doing tests that came back normal and I think it was a colleague that I saw who suggested fibro. end result was the tender point test, which confirmed diagnosis.

You've found the perfect place for people who understand everything that you are and will go through - lots of newly diagnosed fibromites and plenty of knowledgeable 'old-hands'! Here, you can ask questions, moan, whinge, cry, rant and also share your better experiences, without the fear of being seen as a hypochondriac and without people saying OMG, here she goes again :roll: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear you've got fibro and that you had to research your symptoms yourself. For some, a diagnosis is a god-send, in that it finally confirms their symptoms are real; for others it can be quite devastating news, especially when previously living full and active lives. Just take each day as it comes and try not to overdo things (says the one that overdoes things every day :lol: ) - advice is easily given but never easily carried out lol.

Take care and hope today is a good day :hugs:
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby ellen b » Fri May 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi Cuddles, welcome to the forum :hugs: :grouphug:
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby joanypops » Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi cuddles & welcome to our world. 12 years is a long time without a diagnosis it must have been soul destroying for you. Its a huge relief when you finally know what it is i remember i burst into tears with my rheumy just cos it had a name. This is a very friendly forum feel free to ask anything there is always someone to give advice or just to listen. I hope your family are supportive. :wave:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 29, 2009 6:35 pm

:welcome: to the forum
looking forward to catching up around the site. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello