[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Finally decided to post and say Hi !!!!

Finally decided to post and say Hi !!!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally decided to post and say Hi !!!!

Postby worf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi everyone,
Have a friend that has FM on this site, who said to come on a chat with everyone here. Joined a few weeks ago but did not have the courage to post, till now. Not 100% sure that I have FM yet still going back and forward to the gp, Since my rumi discharged me saying that I may have a vitamin d deficiency and poor sleep pattern. But I’m not convinced, having looked in to FM recently seem to tick too many boxes.

Don’t see many other men on here, but seems we don’t like to speak about things like this, but when no one else seems to know how you feel thought I would give it a go here. Anyway I’m 40, live in Scotland, am married and have a son who is 7 - oh and 2 dogs. My mood swings get on my wife's nerves, but she does seem to understand some of what I am going through (I think),

The main things that I would like to get some improvement is a whole night sleep feeling refreshed in the morning and get rid of my whole body feeling stiff and sore when I get up in the morning. Enough moaning Hi again. :wave:

edit to remove colour and add paragraphs to make it easier to read. Gill
How many doctors does it take to get a diagnosis? 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Learn when to stop, What ever it is will keep for another day!
worf
UKFM Member

Re: Finally decided to post and say Hi !!!!

Postby shrimp » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:05 pm

hi and welcome

keep on at your GP to get a diagnosis - ask to see rheumatologist - i was finally diagnosed a month ago after 2 long years of aches and pains etc.......
i am 38, live with my partner of 20 years and we have non identical twin boys who are 2 years and 3 months - i think it was the epidural from c section that kicked off the fibro - but could be wrong !!!!!.....and also our dog bully and boa constrictor !!..
like you my partner wakes up stiff in the mornings !!!!...but not due to fibro !!!! :lol: ..sorry its that too rude ??

shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby worf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks shrimp
I have been to 2 rheumatologist over the last 18 months, just been discharged back to my GP.
Had all the nerve conductivity tests, know all the local vampires by their first names ( had more blood tests than can remember ) and that many x rays that I’m sure I must be glowing in the dark by now, last time I spoke to my gp she mentioned something about a neurology referral but will have to wait and see? :dunno:
worf
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:37 am

Hi & :welcome:

I gather the Rheumi done the tender point test?...

There is a link to vitamin D defiency & pain/fatigue.... are you bein treated for this?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:28 pm

:welcome: worf
sorry to hear you are in pain and as yet to find the course of it.
Keep going on to your gp to get some results.
good luck.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi worf and welcome to the site... I didn't know Klingons got FM :shock: :D

There are a few men on here who pop in now and then but they tend not to be as chatty as us women, don't know why :roll: :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Ruremi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:31 pm

:welcome: Worf, Glad you finally took the plunge.

Moira :hugs:
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby worf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Been back at the Gp today, he finally got my discharge letter from the rheumatologist (who did not do the pressure point test as he said I have too many symptoms to have FM). My Gp has now added to my daily meds by putting me on Amyitriptyline - along with Tramadol and paracetamol, and Movicol to stop some side effects :yikes: still waiting on my blood results for vit D levels, but happy days might get a half decent night's sleep now with these Amyitriptyline.
worf
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:32 pm

sorry to hear you still have no answers as to what you have.
amitrip should help with the pain and sleep.

(have to say i have never heard of anyone having to many symptoms)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:44 pm

worf :welcome:

Glad you are on here, us ladies dont bite, and we will all listen to you and help you in anyway possible, as someone has said, there are a couple of men now on here.

i take tramadol, find it very good, beware of the amitriptyline, you might dream of Ant & Dec! sorry, everytime i take them ,and its not often and i am in bed all the following day, i dream of those two, strange but true!

too many symtoms? dont think so, fibro comes along with loads of other stuff, look around on here! suggest you have a trigger text.

do hope they sort you out soon, at least you can put a name to it and seek advice and help.

look forward to chatting to you on here.

all the best, Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello