Newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Postby Amanda D » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:47 pm

Hello!!
I'll introduce myself I am Amanda i am 25years old, I have two children and have within the last week finally been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I am about to start amytriptiline tonight, and was wondered what I can expect, and also does anyone have any helpful advice or tips in helping with this condition.
I am hoping to find some friends who understand what it feels like, the aches and pains, and also the fatigue! no one understands how it affects you.
Looking forward to hearing back from anyone.
Love Amanda xx :)
Amanda D
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 am

:welcome:

morning, how did the amitriptyline work for you? are you still asleep?! i dream of Ant & Dec when i take them, but i also sleep all day the following day, so rarely have them - if ever now!

sorry you are finding yourself on here, but this is a great place to be, we are all very friendly and helpful, so :welcome: to the family..

many people will tell you it affects us all differntly, what meds work for one wont work for another, excercise also will work for one but not for me!

best thing to do is spend plenty of time on here, Barbara and Soul post fantastic imformation and links, i've had fibro all my life but only properly diagnosed in 2002, and i have found so much on here i didnt know!

i hope you have a supporting family and a group of friends, guide them to this site to help you and them understand what fibro is and what illness's other symptoms you may get with it, also warn them about your fog moments - find fybro fog foolishness, it'll give you a laugh - sorry others, i know i shouldnt laugh at others misfortunes, but at least you are not alone!

welcome to PM me anytime, or chat whenever, on and off line.

all the best, Dee :hugs:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby Amanda D » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Hello!

I didn't take it last night! due to getting in bed and not remembering I should take it 30 mins before lol.

I think I have suffered for an awful long time, but never really thought it was anything. I also suffer with the fog moments!! alot!!! for example one I drove off with my keys on the roof of my car!! I always go to do something and forget what it was!!! and speak and forget what I am saying.

I had to laugh about the ant and dec thing! Is that all the time when you take them? I hope they don't zonk me out all the next day! what strength dose are you on?

Thanks for getting back to me! love having to support of people going for the same xxx
Amanda D
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi and welcome to the site ((xx)) Sorry you have FM though :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:41 pm

:welcome: hope you find the forum a help.
any questions just ask.. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:14 pm

:wave:

hi, i think im on a really low dose. i dont take them now, unless i want a good dream i might :lol:

have you started yet? how did it go, hopefully it didnt knock you out the following day.

im glad i found this site, ive had some personal message, and i feel great at being able to help in any way possible. i pop on here a few times during the day if i can,

let meknow how you got on with the pills.

Dee :hugs:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello