Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Dogueowner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi to everyone, I am new to this forum, but alas not new to Fibro. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and up until now have have managed to hold down my full time career as a social worker for criminal justice. Well that all changed a year ago when I got by-lateral tennis elbow. Over the year my health has got so bad I am at times bed ridden. I am now off long term sick and looking for answers...but i dont think i will get them. Anyway I hope to meet some like minded people here to share the misery that is Fibromyaglis and all its complicated symptoms. So please feel free to chat to me...I will always respond...Maya :wave:
Dogueowner
UKFM Newbie

Re: New Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:36 pm

:welcome: Maya :wave:
So sorry to hear you are another fibromite, glad you found our forum.
I too went on long term sick, in fact i am still off work it`s been over 2 yrs.
I really miss my job, but i will not be fit enough to cope with it.

We are a friendly bunch, so any questions just ask, don't be shy.. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dogueowner » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks Shaz...Its good to know there is some support out there. Not many people understand is Fibro's so it's good to have people who understand....I plan to get as much advice as possible.
Dogueowner
UKFM Newbie

Postby Deegill » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:10 pm

:welcome: and hi,

nice to meet you, sorry its under these circumstances, but we are a friendly family here and are happy to help in any way possible, i come on here throughout the day, im looking at helping others to cope with fibro and CFS, and get the odd bit of advice myself.

this is a great site with many differnt posts, go to fibrotalk.com and they have lists of symptoms and common related illnesses, its a scary list and you'll be amazed how many boxes you'll be able to tick!

Dee :hugs:

PS dont stay over there, come back here if you go to fibrotalk!!!!
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello