[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Long Time Fm Sufferer!!!

Long Time Fm Sufferer!!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Long Time Fm Sufferer!!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi!! I’m new on here, altho not new to the delights of FM!!! My FM adventures started in Feb 2000 when I collapsed at work, which was also the last time I able to work as well. Since then I have lost count of the number of drs etc I have been to see, and I have had a multitude of possible diagnosis, along with a mountain of medication that made me feel worse, not better. Finally, in 2004 I was seen by a rheumy, who told me I had FM, gave me a leaflet, told me I needed to lose weight and sent me on my not so merry way with no follow-up or anything. It was only thru my own research that I found out exactly what FM is. For years I have suffered with migraines, IBS and hot, throbbing pain all over my body, as well as sleep problems, and having a head full of weetabix, and after finding out about FM things suddenly made a lot more sense. I rattle on a daily basis with the meds, feel constantly nauseous because of them, and usually end up asleep at least once a day. I was retired from my job in 2001 (not such a bad thing now as I was in banking and look at the state they’re in now!!) I’ve also had my driving licence revoked because of FM, and last year had 6 months of psychotherapy because of how badly affected I am. The general consensus (of the various medical bods that have poked, prodded and scanned me over the years) is that my FM could have been triggered by one or several factors, including a car accident that left me with a dislodged and fractured vertebrae, and a very violent, abusive relationship.

Soz to go on so long, but that is a shortened version of my FM history!!!

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Long Time Fm Sufferer!!!

Postby Deegill » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi :wave:

It seems alot of us were told you have FM, heres a leaflet of you go, i know i was, was told to get some sleep and i'll be fine! im not though.

I was properly dx in 2002, they believe i've had it all my life as was born with joint hypermobility, and in 2000 gave birth which they believe triggered it off.

im sorry to hear you've just had your licence taken away, ive only just got mine and hope they dont take that away before my time!

we are a good family on here, we are happy to listen, give advice etc, so :welcome:

take care :hugs:

Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby Ruremi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Sorry to hear you are suffering but a big welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Moira
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:37 am

:wave: :welcome: Hi and welcome to the forum... any questions just ask and soeone will be along to help out. ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:35 pm

:welcome: :wave:
hope you find the forum a help. any questions ask away.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Doughnut » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi

This may seem a silly question, but why take away someones driving licence?

Doughnut
Doughnut
UKFM Member

Re: Long Time FM Sufferer!!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi Folks :wave:

Not been around much recently, have been going thru an awful flare-up and battling against my offspring's "Kevin" attitude as he has become a fully paid member of the teenage club this year. Just been re-reading stuff. Have recently found a GP at my surgery, who, when he finally found all the referencs to FM in my records, sorted my file so that as soon as my details come up everythin is there to be seen. He also suggested making more use of the forum as I can't get to groups/meeting easily as my OH and chauffeur works shifts. Hopefully I'm going to be able to overcome my forum shyness and post a bit more :oops:

Re: the question about my driving licence being revoked (can't you tell I haven't been on for ages :cry: ) it was done because this "wonderful" illness, as well as giving me a head full of wooliness, has affected how I judge speed, distances etc. I was never very good at judging them anyway, but I'm even worse now (just as OH what it is like to have me in the car :crazy: )Based on that, the DVLA decided I was unsafe to drive, so it was bye bye driving licence :evil:

Been enjoying looking at all the stuff that's been posted, hope I can add a little something to it!!!

Gentle hugs to everyone :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:43 am

Sorry to hear you are stuck in the house. :hugs:
You know you can come on here and have a rant or just to talk to someone, there is always someone on to offer help and advice, If not you post will be answered as soon as someone pops on.

Dont worry about being shy, we are friendly so just mix in. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:20 pm

We are a friendly lot so dont feel shy about posting .Some of us are a bit crazy but we mean well hahah We try to be upbeat and have a laugh as well as the serious stuff.So looking forward to reading your posts have fun Motherelle xxx :hugs:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Thank you :D I think I should be Ok then, as we're not exactly the sanest people in the world either :crazy: Am making a point of logging on daily to have a look at what's being posted and adding my ravings to them!!! Starting to feel a bit more confident with each post :? :hugs:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby motherelephant » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:34 am

Brilliant glad to hear it motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby BoveySusie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi there from another newbie to posting :wave: - it's a bit daunting at first and I only plucked up the courage last week. We're on hols in Midhurst this week but bought the computer with us - just been out to buy a dingle or dongle whatever its called (well I AM 58!!) and hey presto - I can talk to everyone again!!
Does anyone else find that one of the many frustrating things about this horrible sneaky illness is that nobody seems to have heard about it and because we quite often look well even tho we're hurting or in a fog so you feel misunderstood as well on top of everything else!
Have you enquired from your rheumy whether your local hospital run a fibromyalgia programme? I was diagnosed at Torbay in Devon and we are one of the lucky few I think that have this course. I have only had my first assessment but came away on such a high just because I was talking to an expert who is going to try and help FM's come to terms with the illness and advice on how to manage it.
Maybe it's worth asking... :?:

Take care & look forward to posting again when not in a fog!! So sorry if not making sense

Love from Sue
x
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello