new and just wanted to say Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new and just wanted to say Hi

Postby addison4733 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi all,

This is my first attempt at a forum and I just spent 20 mins doing an intro about myself and my FM, and promptly lost the lot!!! So I know that some of you will be able to relate to that? Anyway, Im a mum of 1, had Fibro since 1990, only diagnosed April 07, on Dihydrocodeine, Citalopram, Nortriptelyne, and awaiting appointment with psychologist. Had to ask the pain management clinic if they were referring to psychologist because they thought it was all in my head but they assure me its to help deal with depression and anxiety :? Hope there are some of you can put my mind at ease over that one!! Im self employed and have put blood sweat and tears into my small business and I love my work, im terrified that I may have to give up work at some point as my symptoms have really accelerated in the last 12 months. How do you cope financially, mortgage etc....? Ive had a fairly quiet day today but Im just going to sign off and go to bed as my head is banging and i feel like Ive been hit by a truck! Its good to know that some people will not question the symptoms that I have just mentioned as they are having them too! I think my worst day was when a customer looked me up and down and asked "so whats this illness you have then?" and after me explaining without being too boring, the customer said "oh, but you always look smart and well and not like you are ill at all" :banghead: Anyway, Im rambling now so I will finish here, but its so good to have found this site and I hope to make lots of friends!! :wave:
addison4733
UKFM Member

Re: new and just wanted to say Hi

Postby princess » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm

There is no majic answer for you.
You need to either get help for your work, or see if you can download so as you are not using all your energy every day to make you very ill.
Its very hard i know, and many of us have had to leave well paid jobs, and go on DLA etc., but probably we are lucky as women.
But there are a few men on this fourm.
Eggle, Andy pandy, Rob - so look them up and pm them for support - im sure they would be more than willing to help you with your answers.
Fibro gives you a new life, not the life you had, a different life ruled by your strength and body pain.
Sorry i cant help you more, but we are here for support if you need it.
Hope tomorrow is a bit brighter.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:45 am

:welcome: to the forum
Any questions you have just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi and welcome :wave: .. if ever you write a long post highlight it and copy it before you click anything, that way if you lose it through computer glitches or through having a foggy moment you still have it saved. :D

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby addison4733 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks everyone, for making me so welcome! :grouphug:
addison4733
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:38 pm

The more the merrier, a nice bunch of people here, female and male - and sometimes we have some daft topics like a virtual holiday lol - so its not all doom and gloom and also pleny of good information from the mods.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello