[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New and in desperate need of a pick-me-up

New and in desperate need of a pick-me-up

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New and in desperate need of a pick-me-up

Postby delphi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi, i've been reading these forums for some time now but have never got around to posting. Im 29 and have 2 great kids aged 6 and 10 (oh, and a mad 20 month old dog). I was diagnosed with FM and CFS in May 2008 and recently with RA in shoulders, hips and knees. I currently take Tramadol, Diclofenac and Citalopram but thay dont seem to be helping at the mo. I had to finish work last April because i had been so poorly since the previous October. Its funny how when you've always worked full time you would love nothing more than to not have to work but when you cant work its torture. My symptoms have been pretty well controlled up until a couple of months ago when i got an ear, throat and chest infection twice within a few weeks of each other and its knocked me clean off my feet. I've spent virtually 4 weeks stuck in the house because even on a good way when the pain subsides a little i am too fed up to go out and do anything. Today is yet another day that im stuck in bed (with my ever faithful dog) with my knee propped up because its too painful and swollen to get around and i generally feel like i've been run over by a truck. On the whole im a pretty laid back and hapy person despite this but recently my relationship with my fiance of 4 years is starting to suffer and i feel like im completely alone.
Anyway, now i feel bad for complaining when all of you are in the same position as me. Just wish i knew how to pick myself back up a bit and get on with it like i usually do.
Would be grateful for any suggestions...

Delphi X
delphi
UKFM Newbie

Re: New and in desperate need of a pick-me-up

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi and welcome :wave: don't worry about moaning that's what we are here for.. acry a moan or a laugh (((xxx)))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 pm

We all go down, we all go high, we all laugh and we all cry - so why shouldnt you join us thats what we are here for to support each other.
Maybe in a few weeks you will be on the forum answering someone who has posted how alone and pained they are.
Just keep posting and someone will answer you.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby lizbet » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Sorry youre feeling so bad Delphi I really hope you pick up soon and start to improve. Its so hard to cope with when you are feeling
so ill but keep your chin up and just try and think of better times to come. This site is brilliant,its such a help to know that you are talking to people who understand exactly how youre feeling.
Take Care.x :hugs: :wave:
lizbet
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 am

:welcome: to the forum.
looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Glad you forund us. :wave:
We all support each other...
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 am

hi :welcome: :welcome:
hope you feel better soon :hugs:
loubie x :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Where to Say Hello