[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Oldhippie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Hiya, :?
Having had the worst six months of my life healthwise, I've been taken to hospital several times, each time with different symptoms. The doctors concluded i had a heart problems and have been treating me for a stroke for months and months as had numbness and general confusion. I'm also a lifelong asthmatic. Then I went to see a doctor, who was not the same person I normally saw, she referred me to the Critical Assessment Unit at the Hospital and the consultant there said something totally different. he thought I had arthritis in my breastbone. He sent me to a rheumatoligist. In the meantime I'd developed pains in my arms, and legs, I thought I was going mad, I felt so tired, and couldn't be bothered to do anything.. not my way at all..
Todaay was a revelation when the rheumatoligist thoroughly examined me, and chatted for a while finding out everything about me until he finally said, 'You've got fybromyalgia, I feel sure'
Thank god for that, it now has a name, which is a relief, but I'm worried as I don't know what to expect.
Having read a lot of your postings, I realise that I share the same symptoms that many of you describe, and that I'm not alone and imagining I am unwell.
I'd really like to make contact with someone else who knows about this illness who I can help me when I need some help in understanding it.
A little about me, I'm 61, live on Lower Nidderdale N Yorkshire, married to J.R who is disabled after a car accident, with two grown up sons and a fantastic grandchild who is three. Love dogs ( have two,) and all wildlife, and spend hours birdwatching as there are so many beautiful birds here on the Dales. Love music, and before I retired I was an editor of a music publication.
Oldhippie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby Ruremi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Oldhippie and welcome :welcome:

Hope we can all help you to understand this illness well as much as any of us can.

I am sorry to hear of your trouble getting a diagnosis but like you said yourself at least it has a name.

If you have any questions just post them they is always someone who can help.

Moira :hugs:
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: You've found a shed load of people who understand exactly how you feel and what you are going through (((xxx)))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 am

:welcome:
glad you found the forum, any questions just ask.
We have a great bunch of peeps on here.. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Where to Say Hello