[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to the site

New to the site

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to the site

Postby hezher » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:28 am

Hi all!

I'm new to the site (discovered it a few weeks ago, but only just got round to posting). I was only diagnosed with Fibro last September, although I've had symptoms for over two years now. It's still a bit of a shock getting used to it, and I can feel slightly isolated at times as the only other person I know with the condition is my mother! I'm fortunate in that my symptoms aren't that bad yet - I can still work (I'm a teacher) and (mostly) am still pretty active - but it's a real struggle trying to explain to people why I'm so tired all the time or why I do stupid things or can't remember their names, or why I have to keep a constantly updated list of every single thing I might have to do at work each day, and the kids at school don't understand why I don't join in PE lessons like the other teachers!

It's great to find somewhere where there are other people who are going through the same things!
hezher
UKFM Member

Re: New to the site

Postby susie ray » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:31 am

Hi there
Im quite new myself, its great this forum full of friendly well informed people hope you enjoy it.
susie ray
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:04 am

Hi and welcome to the site :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello