[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I am new here

I am new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am new here

Postby Beshlie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:40 am

I hope I have posted this in the right place!
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last Wednesday (17th). As with some of the other members I have been having sypmtoms for years and my GP told me I had Rheumatoid Arthritis which I've been treated for. I was asking him to refer me to a rheumatologist for a long time and earlier this year he finally did! I'm not sure knowing what I have would have made any difference as at the moment I m still on the same meds., Meloxicam,Paracetamol, Tramadol, Valium, Ditropan, and Seroxat, plus I take Q10 and other vits.
I first had muscle pain in my teens but for the following 20 years I had long periods of time when I was pain free. Then nearly 4 years ago I had what I called a pain from h*ll around my ribcage, and from then on it has become more frequent until now I only have the odd day when I can get on with things.
I have been on disability benefits for many years and DLA higher rate for care and lower rate for mobility. I would like to apply for higher rate mobility but don't want to risk losing it all as I am on what I get for life. I would like an all terrain scooter to carry on with wildlife photography.
At the moment I'm afraid of the future and what it may hold. I'm going through a flare at the moment and can't even stand or walk without fear of falling.
I'm going to have physio and hydro therapy. Has anyone else had that, and did it help?
I sleep well unlike some people here, but still get tired in the afternoon sometimes.
I look forward to getting to know you all.

Beshlie
Beshlie
UKFM Member

Re: I am new here

Postby loubie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 am

hello :welcome: :welcome:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shmoo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:15 am

:wave:

I had a lot of Physio a couple of years ago, but it was mainly for my Scoliosis.
I'm still looking for some kind of relief for the Fibro pain. Keep us updated on your progess :)
shmoo
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:41 pm

:welcome: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:20 pm

:welcome:

Ive had hydro and loads of physio, it does help, but you do need to keep on with physio at home, today i got referred back to hydro for my knee as the lining r cartlidge or something in there is thinning and i need to strenthen my hips, waist to support my knee.

i nearly shuffed my stick up the consultant behind if he said you have to loose weight and excerise one more time!

Welcome to the site, you'll find many friendly people on here to help.

Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello