[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - At last!

At last!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

At last!

Postby Lala99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 am

Hi everyone :wave:

After 5 years of pain and fatigue and wondering what was wrong with me I have finally been told I have fibro. I am so relieved! At last I know its not all in my head and I can't 'just pull myself together'! Whilst I hate being and feeling like I do I have already found comfort in the knowledge that I am not alone and hope I can offer some support to some of you in the future. I am still learning how to cope with all of this but have already found this site very helpful. Anyway, no doubt I'll have a few questions to ask and please forgive me if I sound silly asking things. Hope everyone has a good day :)
Lala99
UKFM Member

Re: At last!

Postby tania » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 pm

hi i am undiagnosed as yet my gp thinks it is fibro have gotta see rheumatolagist on 1st of july just wandered if u couldtell me wat happens when u get there? thanks :)
tania
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:38 pm

:welcome:
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lala99 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi again, I was sent to the rheumatologist after GP thought I had Rheumatoid Arthritis (pain was only in my feet and hands. After blood tests, and a year on Naproxen I was worse! Went to GP and she put me on Prozac as I was suffering badly (I have to say this has made a real difference to me). Anyway I went back to the Rheum and as blood tests showed nothing and the pain is now everywhere and I am so tired all the time she has decided its Fibro. She pressed on several areas of my body and asked if it hurt etc. I've had more blood tests but she is certain I have Fibro. I am glad I won't have the deformity of joints that RA can bring but wish I didn't have this at all. I just wish it hadn't taken 5 years or more of my life to find out I'm like this. I thought I was going 'mad'. I am due to see the Rheum in December but she said thats it for Rheumatology for me. Will have to speak to my GP as she has been the most helpful. I am lucky there. :)
Lala99
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi
Sorry to hear it`s fibro.
You have come to the right place for support.
Your Rheumy is prob doing bloods to rule out other things, as fibro is not picked up in blood tests.
There are lots of meds to try if the ones you are on don't work for you.

That was my first reason for seeing the Rheumy was because we thought it might have been arthritis.

It is normal once the Rhuemy has DX you, you don't go back to them, they pass you on to your GP.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello