[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newly diagnosed and new here

Newly diagnosed and new here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed and new here

Postby Paparika » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:40 am

Morning all

Been ill for a few years, but finally Monday i got the diagnosis.

Spent last night looking at the forums whilst my account was activated, you all seem live lovely people. :wave:

And omg reading the threads, was like reading about me, it was scarey i finally fit a slot, it is such a relief.

Anyhoo My name is Jill, single mum to Josh (14) been divorced 10 years, got a lovely caring partner now, who is slowly learning what bombshell has just dropped into my lap. and a year old fur ball called Perry, my lovely Jack Russell cross.

I have Uvitis http://www.uveitis.net/ had this about 5/6 years and was told then that having this auto immune disease i would most likely have something else, so being ill and having FM wasn't so much of a shock as i knew i would have something, we just never knew what it would be.

Having a spot of bother with work atm, so i am off sick, they put me on capability policy saying i wasn't up to scratch i kept forgetting to do things, i told them my memory was gone, and oh look its part of FM, big meeting Tuesday with them to see if they can help my return to work, unlikely to return now as i can't even leave my home without the usual pain etc etc.

So that is me, i expect i will be posting lots, having had time to have a read it's like coming home, from being lost it really is, so many threads that sound like me.

oo forgot to say i am also deaf in my right ear which happened around the same time as the uvitis, and still wondering if bits of me going wrong is part of the whole FM thing.
I'm not lazy, honest
Paparika
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly diagnosed and new here

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum
Glad you found us, sorry to hear you have fibro.
Any questions ask away. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Paparika » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Awww thanks shazq

Today is a big day for me, i live near cabot circus and will attempt to go shopping, but will pay a visit to the mobility shop across the road to see if i can get a wheelchair to help me.
I'm not lazy, honest
Paparika
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Good luck on your shopping trip.
I am feeling very tied today, think i might go sit in the garden for a bit.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:07 am

Hi and welcome to the forum... I'm just the other side of the English/Welsh divide :lol: :wave: :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby jazie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:09 am

:wave: hi and welcome :hugs:
jazie
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello