[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new to forum but not to fms

new to forum but not to fms

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to forum but not to fms

Postby whyj » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Jan, I am 52 years young, married for 18 years (2nd time round), 2 step children, 2 grandchildren, one sheep dog and of course my husband.

I was disagnosed in 2000, but had it for some years prior to this, but no one knew what was wrong. As you all know the drill, I went through all the tests etc., and they came up with fms.

Not been very good of late, my feet ankles, knees, hands etc., have been giving me a lot of jip.
I live in South Wales and I am going on holiday to Torquay on Saturday, in our tourer. Hope we have some nice weather, not too hot and not wet and windy, just nice and warm and dry. I can just about handle that.

Look forward to meeting you all and learning more about what is happening with the medical side of fms and what you find helps you cope with this dreaded illness.

bye for now

keep you chin up

Jan
whyj
UKFM Newbie

Re: new to forum but not to fms

Postby ChloeCat » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi Jan :welcome:

I was diagnosed in 2006, but looking back it had been brewing a long time (endless visits to GP with string of problems but no diagnosis) until a riding accident triggered the main symptoms.

I'm having a flare up at the moment and today has been the first day that I've been able to type much at all, but I'm going off for a warm bath soon to try and set myself up for the night.

See you around :hugs:

Fran
ChloeCat
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 pm

hi jan :wave: :wave:

hope you have a nice holiday
an the silly weather picks up a bit

:welcome: to the forum, i find it a big help always someone to help out :D

loubie x :welcome:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:18 am

Hi Jan, another one from S Wales.. there must be something in the water :shock: Hope you have a great holiday and the weather is better than it is here... our house is slowly floating off down the mountain :lol:

If youhave any questions just ask and someone will be along to help ((xx))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Jan & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby whyj » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Trying to get things ready for hols, in between sitting and standing for a rest.

Hope to speak to you all soon

Jan
whyj
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lesley Doyle » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi and Welcome :welcome: another one from South Wales
Take care
Lesley

"WANTED " a brain if found please sent it to me, as mine has run off again
Lesley Doyle
UKFM Member