[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie here

Newbie here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie here

Postby Bekki999 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Hello to all,
I dont really know what to write, or even where to start.
I have suffered with back problems for nearly 8 years now. I have wear and tear on the lower discs and ball joints of my spine plue scholiosis. I was also diagnosed as having and underactive thyroid about 4 years ago. This in itself was bad enough, taking time of work when I couldnt move, getting upset because my hair wouldnt go where I wanted it to.
Then last year things started to get a little worse. I started suffering with pain in my neck and shoulders, headaches all the time, pain in my upper back when sitting for more the 10 minutes. I thought the problem in my lower back had moved upwards aswell, but an MRI scan ruled that out. I was also suffering with severe period pains, the worst restless leg syndrome and palpatations. The worst was to come when I woke one morning and couldnt hold my head up never mind lift the kettle to make a cup of tea. I could bearly raise my arm. So debilitating.
I went to the docs and saw my pain management consultant on many of an occasion and just kept getting fobbed off, offered injections and tablets. The period problem I was told its cause of my age and its normal, how is being on all fours, in intense pain, kind of like late stage contractions, plus other not so nice bits normal??????? I think not.
It was an occupational health referral that put me onto Fibromyalgia and by god she was right, I was diagnosed 4 months ago. I dont really know what to expect from this. I suppose just knowing that Im not alone helps a great deal. I hope I can help others too.
Any advice peeps have would be appreciated and similarly would love to hear from anyone in the Hampshire area.
Big hugs to all and thanks for reading this.
xxxx :grouphug:
Bekki999
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie here

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:06 pm

:welcome: Bekki

Sorry to hear you have fibro.
Glad you found the forum, hope you find it a big help.
Any questions ask away. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Bekki!

Where in Hants are you? There's a Winchester group and I'm often down that way on Fibro work related stuff. I used to live near Lymington but now live just north of Hants in Newbury.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi Bekki and welcome to the forum... if you have any questions just ask and someone will be along to help (((xxx)))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Bekki999 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks for your messages.

Linzworld I live in Fareham in Hampshire.

Winchester I think night be just a little far for me to travel, but I understand that they are setting up a group in Portsmouth so will definately be joining that group. Thank you so much for thinking of me though, I really appreciate it.

Bekki
xx :hugs:
Bekki999
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello