[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi..new to site - some info you should all know

hi..new to site - some info you should all know

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi..new to site - some info you should all know

Postby ruki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:56 pm

greetings people,

i came across UK Fibromyaglia.com today while reading up on 'dairy allergies'. i haven't yet read other topics on this forum, so forgive me if this has already been covered.

I believe everyone diagnosed with fibromyaglia, or suffering associated symptoms, should consider the possibility they may have 'Candida', a Yeast infection, due to an overgrowth of yeast bacteria! Candida, is also another of those 'mysterious' conditions that goes undetected, undiagnosed, misdiagnosed, if diagnosed at all.. with the majority of mainstream 'health practitioners' refuting it's prevalence or the fact that it could be the cause of a seriously broad spectrum of illnesses!

The symptoms of Fibromyalgia, from what I've read to date, are exactly the same as those of Candida. And, i can personally attest to this! I have never been diagnosed with F.M and only became aware of what it was about a year ago.

I first noticed I felt 'unwell' in 2004 and couldn't identify anything specific. I am female, & my symptoms were as those described my F.M sufferers. Everywhere ached, arms, legs, neck, muscles & joints.. especially my shoulder, and top of my arm. Usually healthy and very active my energy levels dropped. These symptoms developed gradually and at one stage I thought my 'bones' were actually hurting, as when i pressed my arms I could feel pain. I also started gaining weight for no apparent reason. At the time I didn't connect all these symptoms, but what I noticed was when I started dieting, all of my symptoms completely went within 2 weeks!

Dieting off and on, I realized the symptoms were related to something in my diet. When I stopped eating carbohydrates, sugar, pasta bread wheat etc, I felt pain free and normal. Other symptoms included disturbed sleep and I woke up feeling exhausted, and aching all over. It would affect my lower back, shoulder, right arm, the muscle and the bone with a burning sensation in my shoulder.

I narrowed it down to eating 'wheat' as I developed an Iron deficiency too and had a whole range of digestive problems. In 2006 I researched 'Candida' and recognized that this was my problem. Once you actually understand the functioning of the body, particularly the 'digestive system' everything becomes clear. It takes a while to get the Candida under control, to kill it, prevent it's occurrence, establish the conditions within your body that inhibit its production, and maintain such a state. As soon as I embarked on a 'anti Candida program' which focuses on your diet, my symptoms went, and gradually vanished. As hard as this regime may appear at first it is outweighed by the feeling of well being. No more pain, or aching ANYWHERE, I wake up pain free, and my shoulder, arm and lower back are as if they were never affected!

I've spent about 2 years reading about Candida and researching digestive problems gaining much knowledge and have maintained an anti-Candida eating pattern. I was reading articles on Mercola.com (invaluable website for a healthy life, from Dr. Mercola!) and came across Fybromyalgia and its sufferers and instantly recognized the similarities, as have others.

I suggest you all research as much as possible about Candida and more importantly, take control of your own health, and don't leave it in the hands of the 'medical profession' and worse, 'big Pharma'. Today's 'culture' creates the perfect conditions for Candida to thrive.. and develop, causing diseases that can result in misdiagnosed mental disorders and even Cancer!
High carbohydrate diet, refined white sugar (a killer!) other sugars, processed foods, highly acidic foods, alcohol and last but not least anti-biotics! Please, just do a search on all of these, plus allergies and 'leaky gut syndrome' !

I have read so much on this subject , it becomes evident that all these elements can be tied together, and the truth emerges which has produced the overwhelming amount of un-well & dis-eased people we now see. Not to over simplify the issue, but 'balance' is what it all hinges on.

The Candida bacteria (the 'bad' bacteria) exists naturally in your body, kept in a state of balance by 'good' bacteria. Once this becomes unbalanced, the Candida bacteria, (yeast) begins to 'over' produce and as it proliferates, your health deteriorates. Anti-biotics is a prime cause, and out of around 80 million prescriptions given by doctors for these, 50 million were unnecessary!!! So research this too, i was astounded by what I discovered. AND did you know, 80% of your immune system is in your 'digestive system' ? is it any wonder we are all 'ill' ?

Candida symptoms ? there is an extensive list and consist of the same ones as Fibromyalgia!
As Candida 'develops', your body, its cells, the functioning of your organs & physiological processes are all impacted. And the fuel for such a debilitating condition is Sugar!

I know if I had gone to a doctor I could have been diagnosed with F.M as my symptoms were exactly the same, so too with other Candida sufferers.

If hope this information can be of help to all people in pain and would like to add, that 'you' are your own best 'Doctor' :)

I would be happy to answer any questions or discuss further, if anyone wishes. Health is taken for granted and its only when you lose it, and then regaining your well being and energy that you truly value it.
ruki
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi..new to site - some info you should all know

Postby ruki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm

hi Lisa,

i know the feeling, Candida 'inflames' tissues, joints, organs, and muscles, that cramp & spasm!
I used to feel as if I had 'glue' in my body instead of blood, that prevented movement and caused stiffness.

another thing to highlight, are these 'names' the medical world use to describe or define symptoms! I believe this adds to the problem, as most of them are compounds of words formed from the latin term for particular areas of the body, or are new words combining two previous descriptions of symptoms they have limited knowledge of. All of which can be extremely intimidating..

a prime example of this is - irritable bowel syndrome which almost everyone seems to have now days..

but this is just the name given to the 'description' of the symptoms you are experiencing and does not define 'what' the problem actually is...

definition of 'syndrome' -
1. a group of symptoms that together characterize a specific disorder, disease, or the like.
2. a group of related or coincidental things, events, actions, etc.
3. the pattern of symptoms that characterize or indicate a particular social condition.
4. a predictable, characteristic pattern of behavior, action, etc., occuring under certain
circumstances

so basically, what doctors are telling people is that they, along with thousands of others, are experiencing a problem preventing the body's most natural process of digesting food, absorbing its nutrients and discarding the toxic waste!

yes, okay... but WHY?

and rarely, if ever, do they ask about your diet or ask you to keep a food diary, then follow it up. yet this, is the most fundamental element of such a condition!

we are what we eat
ruki
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:25 pm

HI :welcome: To the forum.
Any questions just ask.

My Fibro was dx by a Rheumy. I also suffer with another medical condition where i have had to try all different types of diets.
i would love for my illness to be all down to yeast, that would solve so many problems.
I have tried to cut out dairy, and only have milk in a cup of tea, it has made no difference to my fibro.

IF it was all down to yeast then surely our GP`s would have picked up on it.
That would show up in tests. Fibro does not show up.

I am so happy it has worked for you, its always nice to hear of someone finding the root to a illness.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby miajane » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi,
I've looked up candida on several sites and though there are similarities with fibro there are several differences too.
I was dx like many with fibro by having at least 11 of the 18 pressure points being painful and having widespread pain above and below the waist for over 3 months.
Candida is dx by a blood test, thrush of some form is usually present as well as digestive problems. I know that some people with fibro have digestive problems I never have, not yet anyway. I do not have thrush or white coating on my tongue.
I have no sugar cravings and rarely drink alcohol. I am careful with my diet, have never been overweight, I really wish it was as simple as changing what I eat and I'd be cured.
I agree some of the symptoms are very similar and may explain some of the 'I changed my diet and beat fibro' stories.
Fibromyalgia is a different syndrome and at the moment there is no cure, I'm really pleased the change in your diet helped you. But you should not think that everyone with fibro has been misdiagnosed and is just suffering from a yeast infection, I'm all for healthy eating but FM is bad enough as it is without false hope.
If all the people on here read your post and changed they're diet I guess maybe 10 % might find some relief but all the others will be back to the :banghead: why me, why can't I beat it.
Take care xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Thats a really interesting post. I will have to look this diet up and give it a go.

I have terrible sugar cravings, i even eat things i dont like if its the only thing we have in the house. I did go to a dietrician, with regards to my ibs and she said i ate too much sugar. I have been trying to cut it out but its too hard.

I am not going to get my hope though that this may make a difference to me because i will be disappointed, but i hae nothing to loose,
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby chris2009 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:29 am

i dont know why but this really upset me :dunno:

ive watched my mum suffer my whole life and then with added stress from other situations it just seems so silly to me that anyone would think she (or anyone dx with fm) hasnt already had as many tests as there are under the sun and of course there may be a possibility that someone somewhere dx with fm may actually be suffering from candida but wouldnt a yeast infection be simple to detect with various tests?
and as for you dieting and the symptoms going within 2 weeks most people i know with fm are overweight and all of them have been on various diets and many of them cant eat certain foods such as wheat and most cant drink alcohol.
you said if youd have gone to the doctor you could have been dx with fm well im saying that its darn near impossible to find a doctor that even believes in fm to begin with let alone one that will dx it.
doctors do so many tests and keep coming back with the same results and keep saying,
i dont know whats wrong with you.
which is why alot of doctors and therefor other people automatically believe it to be a psychological disorder simply because they cant see it however question there religion and your in for a fight :dunno: :dunno:
im sorry if this seemed rude but trust me you wouldnt be the first to 'suggest' other conditions and you wont be the last however i am glad to hear a change of diet helped you.
as you said you believe everyone diagnosed with fibromyaglia, or suffering associated symptoms, should consider the possibility they may have 'Candida' please try and not throw everyone in together.
candida must also be awful however it can be devastating to believe the condition you have been told is lifelong may actually be something cured by dietary adjustments only to find no improvement at all. there is usually an adjustment period after diagnosis where it can be difficult to believe and people will cling onto any straw they can get (as with any serious illness) anyone on here with fm please feel free to challenge any of the written above as you will know alot more than me about the struggles you have gone threw and are going threw.

One incident of domestic violence is reported to the police every minute.
On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner.
Don't let it be you.
chris2009
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:50 pm

sorry, BUT fully agree with chris

this post got to me too
fibro has been around for many years and if it was just a matter of changing diet we would not be on here!

I have only been diagnosed for 2 months and still coming to terms with it being for life :cry:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby ruki » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 pm

what strange replies.. from a 'support group' ?

this is a 'forum', a virtual one at that. how much was I supposed to write? you want me to detail ALL of the symptoms I have experienced, no... endured, whilst suffering from a serious infection.. yeast or otherwise, the extent to which it developed, the many more ailments it caused, the damage it done, the depression I went through, the stress it induced, the knock on effects disturbing my children, it's interference with my job... my life, for 4 years... ?
i'd still be writing now.. !

but my intention wasn't to highlight my plight, nor undermine anyone else's,
and to actually "quote" me.. ? in a condescending manner? how insensitive.. and uncalled for!

its a discussion, for fellow human beings with an illness as a common bond, to share info, offer support & help, and learn things, not argue over whose symptoms are worse, or which disease is more serious.. and neither was I simplifying anything,

im offering help, and assumed this was obvious, apparently not, for some,
anyone who can recognize a pattern can research it further, as part of their mission to get well,

it's clear from some comments you have little knowledge of Candidiasis, and it seems you don't want to know either, as this is not thrush, or a dairy allergy. AND, i didn't 'change my diet' and hey presto, i was well.. as someone said. come on.. is there any need for comments like that?

im quite surprised, as I expected a mature discussion. but hey, if you're so convinced your disease is completely unrelated to anything else, is beyond help & incurable, then, so be it,

but to anyone who is serious about seeking knowledge on both these conditions, and all related 'signs', and understands the interconnectedness of the human body and its functions then PLEASE, include this with your research. Candida - is merely the 'name' of the bacteria that dominates, if the body has been impacted, for a variety of reasons, causing this in-balance.. which in turn, creates havoc in a sequence throughout the body... this list is extensive, some sufferers experience everything, others don't. Most dis-eases are an in-balance of something, somewhere along the line, despite the names they're given.

i've also come across information from more than one source, that claims Fybromyalgia is FLOURIDE POISONING, so please check this fascinating interview out with Olivia Hadassah, who is convinced of this.. she's a Nurse who left the U.S 'medical industry' exposing the truth behind the facade,.. the interview is parts 1-20

she has her own channel on YouTube, so check out other videos there,

especially this one - "Psychiatry - Stop the Madness' parts 1-9

I will post as much info as poss, hopefully, alarm bells will be triggered..

(sorry if this post should be in a different forum topic :? )
ruki
UKFM Newbie

Postby miajane » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:23 am

Strange replies perhaps but please read your message again. If you are interested in what I have to say then this is why I found your message upsetting. I have quoted some of your points not to be condescending but to point out how you are coming across.

It appears that you are saying that fibromyalgia was made up by the medical profession because they don't want to test people for candida. I'm not sure if you meant it like that but that's how it seems.
Fibromyalgia is a real syndrome first described in the 1800's and is not a catch-all for lazy Dr's to put lazy people in who don't want to do anything all day but whinge about how bad they're feeling.

Giving some of your background would have been a better way to introduce yourself, instead you seemed to be patronising everyone with fibro.

quote 'The symptoms of Fibromyalgia, from what I've read to date, are exactly the same as those of Candida. And, i can personally attest to this! I have never been diagnosed with F.M and only became aware of what it was about a year ago.'
How can you personally attest this if you have not been diagnosed with fibro?
This is not true the symptoms are not exactly the same there are several differences and I've only done a little research.

Candida symptoms
http://www.candida-society.org/ncs/symptoms.htm

Fibro systems
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... is-it.aspx

Have you actually done any research on fibro, you say in your message you weren't even diagnosed with the condition. Widespread pain is the primary symptom of fibro but is not a symptom of candida, aching muscles is not the same thing.
There are people on here that have had the condition for years, it is very patronising of you to suggest that they have just sat back and tried to do nothing to help themselves.

quote 'Candida - is merely the 'name' of the bacteria that dominates, if the body has been impacted, for a variety of reasons, causing this in-balance.'
Candida is not a bacteria it is a fungus, and it is the same fungus that causes thrush. Candida is naturally found in the body and can cause problems if allowed to flourish but the symptoms though similar are different to fibromyalgia as stated above.

I'm all for research into ways of relieving the pain and helping us to function again and I'm doing some of my own at the moment, experimenting on myself. You probably did not intend to upset anyone but if you read your posts through again perhaps you may see why you did.

I'll be happy to help you with any research you are doing I will be trying your candida free diet myself. I will also ask my Dr to test me for it if he hasn't already, I've had so many blood tests can't remember what half of them were for. Memory loss is also not a symptom of candida, fibrofog is but the two are different, I forget all sort of things even when my head is clear of the fog.

I would really like to discuss this with you further but on an equal footing I'm quite prepared to listen to your research as long as you are prepared to accept I have fibromyalgia.
This does not mean I don't want to get better or I'm burying my head in the sand, I do not like being like this and I have been very depressed about it. But to have any sort of life I have to accept my diagnosis and learn to live with it. I have been researching it and so far it is the only diagnosis that covers all my symptoms. If you can prove me wrong I will be forever in your debt but don't doubt my symptoms or my diagnosis until you know me better.

These are my opinions others may have been upset about your posts for other reasons, I'm sure they will reply themselves.

Take care
Mia
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:16 am

Hi and welcome to the site. (can we keep it friendly please people)

While candida does have many similar symptoms to FM and it's possible that some of the people dxed with FM may be suffering from this, most of us have been tested for everything going. Some have been dxed with candida and had it sorted but also have FM... it's possible to have both.

FM is a proven syndrom with testable chemical abnormalities in the brain and spinal fluid. The tests isn't done on the NHS however but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Your upset at the response to people on a support group is understandable if you haven't been on FM forums before however for us it's all old news... we get a different person every few weeks giving info on candida, CO2 poisoning, fluoride poisoning, mercury poisoning and a host of other possibilities. So sorry if you didn't get the response you expected.

If you suffer from FM one of the hardest things to live with is the lack of belief from others so when someone comes along suggesting you don't have it it can be very hurtful. We have this from friends, family and some of the medical profession and it causes frustration and anger... it's nothing personal to you.

Most of us have spent years of being tested for everything before finally finding out that we have FM, years of frustration and upset so you can understand perhaps why a post like this can cause upset to some.

Gill

(if this thread carries on in the tone it has the moderators will have to lock it. We don't want to lock topics but if people can't play nice it doesn't look good and doesn't help anyone)
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi Gill

I apologise if my reply came across as being aggressive or nasty in any way. It took my almost 2 hours to write that as I have pain in my hands at mo.

I had no intention of aggravating or insulting anyone but the posts did upset me, I felt they were insulting my intelligence.
I am so sick & tired of people thinking that because I walk with a cane or I'm in a wheelchair then I must be stupid. :banghead:

Just a little research shows fibro is not the same as candida so why say it is. :dunno:

Sorry rant over.
Take care xx
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:25 pm

I am going to keep an open mind on this ,as i have found over the past 40years sometimes Fibro masks other illness,s as i have found to my disadvantage of late.I am going through a terrible terrible bout of fatigue ,the worst i have exsperienced in years ,now this could be my thyroid as i have underactive thyroid as well ,or cfs as I also have this so along with the fibro its pretty rubbish at the moment.so i will research the candida ,because i have terrible sugar cravings.
One question I would like to ask is do you always have thrush with this condition? Motherelle.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi Motherelephant,
No not always, in my earlier reply I posted a link to the National Candida Society, they have a list of the different symptoms on there.
You need to cut out all yeast containing products and take no antibiotics. I'm not 100% sure but I think the probiotic drinks would help as they contain the good bacteria needed for healthy digestion.
If you do have signs of thrush I think you can buy over the counter tablets for it, but it would probably be a good idea to talk to your Dr, he may be able to give you a blood test to find out if you have it or not.
Hope this helps, I'm going to try it as well even though I have no problems with my digestive system yet. It can't do any harm so may as well give it a go.
Take care xx
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:09 pm

I have locked this topic and removed some of the last posts ater receiving complaints about it's content.

This is an FM forum not a general medical one... if you want to discuss other medical problems and your cures :roll: please go somewhere else.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello