[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another Newbie

Postby amps » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:14 am

Hi All,

My name is Abby and I am 29 just be diagnosed the Fibro, I have arthritis for the last 5 years and the past 18 months had a major constant headache, i had other probs too and was diagnosed with a Pituitary tumour but this wasn't causing the headache as its too small , then in the last 6 months my arms and legs got more painful, even though i kept walking the dog i found i was having to cut down my walks, so even though i was doing exercise i was getting worse.
My consultant to me people with this disease goes 1 of 2 ways either fight it or become disabled. She told me I need to do exercise everyday and yes it will hurt and to only have max 9 hours sleep a night, even though I wake up constantly and dream so i don't really sleep lol
I didn't tell her I just got a powerchair so i can actually leave my house and take my dog for a long walk.
I have been trying to do some exercise each day, however every morning i've woken up feeling worse and in more pain, so i guess just doing a few things and i have over done it. I have kept too the 9 hours sleep since Friday and I just want to sleep all the time more so than i did before and I can't stop yawning.
I am going to a pain psychologist and having a home visit from a physiotherapist too

Any tips would be great, and any ideas on how long it could take or if it is possible to have a 'normal' life would be great i know everyone is different, but people who i tell often say 'oh i know many people with that and they just get on with it' one person told be her friend runs her own business from home , is a single mother and does extra activities too, that kind of thing does not make you feel any better doest it lol

thanks for this great site

Abby
amps
UKFM Newbie

Re: Another Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi & :welcome:

Im sorry but i hate it when doctors/people tell you you'll end up in a wheelchair if you dont do this that and the other. I have been told myself this many a time... :nono:

What they mean is...

Have a positive mental attitude which is always very good for you but very hard to substain when your feeling so rough 24/7! Thats why any sort of therapy like CBT is good.

Chating with us or a support group as FM suffers support & help one another as we all know how we feel as alot of the times we feel mis understood & lonely

Yes exercise daily is very good for you but find an exercise that suits you. I have a walk daily to help me.
I would also suggest gentle stretchin exercise to this helps the stiffness.

Dont worry about having a power chair, if it gives you a better quality of life then use it! We dont put ourselves in wheelchairs, in alot of cases the flare/pain is so bad exercise is hard to do so using an aid to asist us is fine...

If you have any questions just ask :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby chris2009 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:42 pm

hiya :wave:

i agree with lisa i think its about finding exercise that suits you and doing it when you can.

:grouphug:

i look forward to your posts :clap:

One incident of domestic violence is reported to the police every minute.
On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner.
Don't let it be you.
chris2009
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Abby :wave: :welcome: to the forum.
Any questions just ask, one of us will always try to help where we can.
Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello