[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Sophiex » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Hello :wave:

I'm Sophie, I'm 21 but, physically, I feel like I'm 91. I've been recently diagnosed and struggling to come to terms with this label. I know a label is a label is a label but it's one I could do without. :oops: I have a rheumatology appt on Wednesday. I'm hoping I'll get more help than I have been from my GP who calls my problems "aches and pains" and that there's little point taking pain killers because they'll make me even more fatigued. :?: My problems have been brushed under the carpet because I have a history of MH problems and the doctors obviously think this is all in my head but my family see me struggling to walk and waking most nights, crying with pain and they know this is real.

OK enough whining and moaning from me. What else? Well, I have a 1 year old toy poodle called Oscar who thinks he's a cat and acts like a prince. 8) He's my baby and I adore him. I've been working for 2 1/2 years in a nursery school and I'm doing a distance learning childcare diploma. We're actually on a break for the summer and I hope to return in September, if I feel up to it. (I had a few weeks off sick at the end of last term.)

Hope to get to know some of you.
:)
Sophiex
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby loubie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:09 pm

hi sophie :wave: :wave:
we all know how you feel :hugs:
good luck at the rhumie appointment
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
Hope you will be fit enough to return to work in sept.
Good luck.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:15 am

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: :wave:

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess P » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 am

Hi i am sorry that your pain is so severe at the moment, it will take a while to come to terms with havinf fm, it is unfair that people label you because you have had mental health problems (i hate that phrase sorry) in the past its like its an excuse to blame all subsequent illnesses on at the off. :hugs: i was 20 then i had my daughter and then i well my health went down hill. Things will get better but it is very condesending for your g.pp to be talking about a couple of aches and pains which don't matter very much, when we all know just how much fibro has and can affect you physically. You are not alone here, you will get past this and your doctors attitude :yikes: , cos its his problem if he can not see the obious which he is presented with right now,and is only able to see your past problems. We do not pick fibro, unfortunatly it picks on us. :grouphug:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:12 am

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby miajane » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Sophie :welcome:
Good luck at your rhumie appt :hugs:
Take care mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello