[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi I Have Been Diagnosed Today

Hi I Have Been Diagnosed Today

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I Have Been Diagnosed Today

Postby Julesfull » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 pm

hello everyone i have been dx today although suspected as much for a while getting mixed reactions, some people telling me i am to young cant possible have it (i am 33) and one friend has told me it is in my head :needhug:

so feeling very confused

Thanks for listening

Jules
Julesfull
UKFM Newbie

Re: HI I HAVE BEEN DX TODAY

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:54 pm

hi :wave:
know just how u feel :(
i have only been dx for 2 months so still new to it all too
best advice from me is take one day at a time cos they all so different
and keep chin up chick its NOT all in your head, its very real
big :hugs: + big :welcome: :welcome:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Re: Hi I Have Been Diagnosed Today

Postby motherelephant » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Hello well firstly tell your friend I have had it since i was 12 and we have young people on the forum now who can testify that fibro has no age prejudices.
Secondly it isnt a phsycological illness ,it has now been proven without doubt that it is physical.
There are threads on here that you can print off and show to the non believers ,sometimes its a hard slog but hopefully this will help those people close to you understand better.We are all here for you anything you need to know just ask ,if you feel like ranting and letting off steam then we are all here also .I am going to send you one of my big cottonwool hugs and hope you feel at least a little better knowing you are not alone .Motherelle xxxx :hugs: :hugs:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Age is not discriminating when it comes to ME/fibro, we have a 15 year old on this forum who has fibro and is bedridden with it.
sorry you got the diagnoses but at least now you know what is wrong with you.
And you know what you are fighting.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum... as said there is no age when people get FM it's not bothered how old you are... and it's NOT in your head, well only in the sense of your brain chemicals being out of whack.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Julesfull » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks Guys i am sure i will have lots of questions in the coming weeks but it is nice to feel welcome xxxxxxxx :D
Julesfull
UKFM Newbie

Postby miajane » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Jules,
:welcome:
Sorry to hear you've been dx as fibro is not nice but I think it's much better to have a name than to not know.
If any of your friends think it's in your head tell them to look up Fibro on the NHS website, it's a recognised physical illness.
Take care :hugs:
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:31 pm

:welcome:

any questions ask away, sorry to hear you have been dx with fibro too.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby samew » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi

I would not call that person a friend anymore if it happened to me, they are just ignorant and not conducive to your well being.

SAM :hugs:
samew
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:57 am

sorry that you have been diag but at least you now know whatit is that you have fighting against. i was only diag in march this year and im 29. so we know how you must be feeling. it is frightening, you probably feel sad, wanna cry but at the same time feel theres people worse of than you so why cry.

exactly what i felt. but this thing fm is very real its difficultto get your head round as you dont know what each day will bring. hun it does get easier to accept in time. i still find it hard to realise i have it sometimes, especially when my friends start talking about going to work and where they have been etc things that i cant do. but hey. there are alot of people on here that will be here for you including me.

as for your friends i guess she /he finds it hard that suddently you have this thing that they dont understand. they suddently think oh she cant do that or this anymore. so what can we do. so my advice to you as i have done with ssome of my friends, is give them info i.e books bits of info of here, or fibromyalgia websites. and or tell them how it makes you feel. they dont know unless you tell them. also print of the topic on here i think its under living with fibro. the spoon theory and the other one for non believers. it is a true account of how many of us feel.

good luck and im sure you will soon be able to smile again. xx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Welcome! :)

You may find the information in the of FibroAction's website helpful, plus the s.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello