[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi from Wiltshire

Hi from Wiltshire

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi from Wiltshire

Postby samew » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi my name is Sam, i have finally got a diagnosis after 7 years.

I have 3 children and 4 grandchildren, a dog called Luca who is my saviour.

I have to say i am quite depressed at the mo because the doc says he isnt going to offer me any meds, am currently on Diclofenac Thyroxine and an ant-depressent but they dont help my pain.

Looking forward to chatting to you all and hopefully meeting up with other sufferers in my area.
samew
UKFM Member

Re: Hi from Wiltshire

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi & :welcome:

Thats not right of your GP :shock:

There are so many other drugs that can help & treatments he can refer you to like physiotherapy

Can you see another GP at the practice :dunno:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:41 pm

:wave: Hi and welcome.. your gp sounds a bit of a hard hearted idiot :? As Lisa says, can you not see another gp or asked to see a rheumy and get them to suggest something. You could suggest he at least looks at some info on FM. In the mean time you can look on our treatments board to see what others take then suggest you would like to try things.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Hello sam and welcome to this forum.i am presuming you are on thyroxine as you have an underactive thyroid.Did your gp say why he wasn't going to give you any meds.The mods will correct me if im wrong but a lot of us dont get pain relief from anti-inflam meds.If you have other conditions that require these ,like artharitis then thats fair enough ,but your Gp should be trying to find something to help you with your pain.Has he suggested you go to the pain clinic.Many people with Fibro have to fight to get treatments .Some things work for some people and for others it doesn't but it isn't fair for your gp to say im not giving you anything.Please dont feel down,are you sure you are on the correct dose of thyroxine,i know that when my levels are up (i have an underactive thyroid as well ) i can become depressed.
There are lots of people on here who can offer you advice and support ,you are not alone we all understand how you feel.If there is anything you want to know just ask and someone will be along to help.Sending you one of my big cottonwool hugs .Motherelle.xxx :hugs:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi and :welcome:
Sorry to hear your having a bad time :hugs:
I'm from wilts too, I live near Trowbridge where abouts are you?
Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby samew » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks everyone for your support and comforting words. I did not make it clear but it was my Rhuemy consultant that said this not my gp, do you think i should ask my gp instead.

I live in Melksham and go to the Mineral Hospital in Bath.

Sam
samew
UKFM Member

Postby miajane » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi sam
You should ask your gp, it's my gp that put me on tramadol.

I live just down the road from you, if you'd like to meet up some time let me know. There's an arts and craft cafe in melksham that I keep meaning to go to (if its still there) perhaps we could meet there.

Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:49 pm

:welcome: Sam.

:wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby drapsey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:27 am

Hi Sam; sorry to hear you are so down about stuff - I too am a new member tho have been diagnosed for fifteen years now - in those days there wasnt the kind of support there is here and having read many of the posts and recognised myself in so many of them I am pleased I finally got over the sceptisism. You are my first post so hello fellow newbie. :
drapsey
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 am

Hi drapsey and welcome :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby drapsey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 am

hi Gill - thanks for your warm welcome - surprising how many of are awake so early of a morning - thought there was only me traipsing around like the blue lady in the early hours
drapsey
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm always up at 7 at the latest, my youngest doesn'tknow the meaning of a lie in :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:37 pm

:welcome: Drapsey. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 pm

HI, I'm in Wiltshire too. I am in Swindon, Welcome to the site.

I found getting meds hard at first as despite it not being that rare and illness now not all docs are as clued up on it still. ONe GP I went to see had never come into contact with it and he was an old guy.

I deffo agree going back to your surgery and seeing someone else if you can as you should be on some other meds really as has been said.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby drapsey » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:34 am

Any one out there from the leeds area????
drapsey
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello