[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello to all...Newbie Here

Hello to all...Newbie Here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello to all...Newbie Here

Postby swainy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi all.
My names David from SW London, I was diagnosed yesterday as a probable FM sufferer tho i have yet to see the reumatologist (waiting appointment)
I think ive had it for around 2 years but its just recently that its got bad.
If anyone has any tips for pain management in my neck and upper arms I'd love to hear them.
I'm going to Vietnam for 3 weeks on Sunday and I'm now worried my dream holiday is going to be ruined as i feel so ill all the time,but still its got to be better being ill there than sitting at my desk at work in Euston...
The docs given me Amytriptylin to help me sleep I take 10mg a night but all it does is make me more aggitated so any tips there would be appreciated..
All the best
David
swainy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello to all...Newbie Here

Postby gillshutt » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi David and welcome to the forum... have a look at the treatments section fo rideas on what others are taking, although we all react differently so what works for one doesn't for another. Some people thrive in a warmer climate so maybe your trip abroad will do you the world of good. ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum

Love the avatar.

Any questions ask away. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:26 am

I would talk to your GP about trying a different med, even if it's just a short course of a sleeping med (e.g. zopiclone, zolpidem) to help you sleep deeper and not get so badly affected by jet-lag.

Heat pads can also be very helpful and are transportable.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:35 am

Hi & :welcome:
I use tiger balm on my neck and shoulders it doesn't get rid of the pain but gives some relief.
Hope you have a great time on holiday.
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby swainy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks to everyone for the advice.Just been to chemist and got some heat patches so hoping that they will give some relief.
I also got some Dextrose tabs for an energy boost had a couple already and they do seem to give you that little bit more get up and go.
I'll report back in 3 weeks and let you know if i find a miricle cure from a vietnamese witch doctor..
All the best
Dave 8)
swainy
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:39 pm

That would be great Dave :D Please beware of the sellers of snake oil though.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello