[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie from Oxfordshire

Newbie from Oxfordshire

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie from Oxfordshire

Postby sparrowhawk1974 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:33 am

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop my head up and say hello! HELLO :D

I am another of the new men on here :lol: I have had FM for about 4 years although it is secondary to a degenerative disease in my spine. I am on a nasty mix of drug, morphine, robaxin and sometime diazipam or tramazipam. Not good.

I was made redundant at the end of July and have struggled to find anything because of my illness, infact, I have realised how much I struggled to work and should have listened to my consultants advice and reduced or quit work.

Don't know much about sorting out all the benefit stuff but need to get a move on or I'll end up homeless soon!!!

Anyway, that was a little more then a hello!!

Hope to chat to lots of you soon 8)
sparrowhawk1974
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie from Oxfordshire

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:13 pm

:welcome: to the forum.

We have lots of help and info on benefits.

You should go to your local jobcentre to start with, and then get filling in forms for DLA.
You should also apply for housing/council tax benefits to.

Any questions you have ask away, we will do our best to help.

Your local CAB will also give you advice on what you can claim.

good luck.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello