[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby HelenG1978 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi everyone

My name's Helen and I'm 31. I've been experiencing inexplicable aches and pains since July 2008 starting with severe pain in my shoulder and chest wall and after an appointment with a rheumatologist last week she has advised me that FM could be a possible cause. I feel like I'm 31 going on 91 - having to plan how to get up and down off the sofa and in and out of bed as the pains in my sides, shoulder and back can be so sharp they catch me unawares. Even cuddles with my boyfriend can lead to feeling like I've been stabbed just from the slightest of squeezes. I feel guilty about talking about my pains as I feel things could be so much worse for me but it frustrates me that moving around these days seems harder than it should for a woman of my age. Also I feel like people don't really take it seriously. My mum suffers with osteo-arthritis (as did my late grandad) and she understands my pain I think - arthritis in me has been ruled out. She suggested maybe I should join a support group. Although I have not formally been diagnosed, having looked into the symptoms online it's the closest explanation I can come up with. I have had a further blood test and I'm supposed to be getting a referral to a physio too.

I just wanted to say hi really and share thoughts and ways of dealing with this thing day to day.

Hope everyone's well xx
HelenG1978
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello!

Postby motherelephant » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Hello Helen and welcome to this forum they are a great bunch on here and everyone tries to help each other .Dont be afraid to ask questions or have a rant if you feel that way .We all have a laugh as well as its needed with this illness .Looking forward to reading your posts .Takecare Motherelle.xx :welcome: :hugs:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 pm

:welcome:
Hi Helen.
Look forward to reading your posts, any questions ask away. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby andy12720 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:37 pm

:welcome: hi and welcome in. you will find plenty off advice on hear and if your never sure just shout help. everbody is friendly and cheerfull here and if you find your way to the bar im buying.
x :wave:
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :hugs:

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Yay, the drinks are on Andy everyone. :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello