[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from Bovey Tracey, Devon!

Hello from Bovey Tracey, Devon!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Bovey Tracey, Devon!

Postby BoveySusie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:15 am

Hi all - my name's Sue and was diagnosed in June by my rheumatologist - I'm 58, married to Keith who must be a saint trying to understand this MASSIVE life change for both of us. We have a sweet little westie - Barney and 3 grown up children, all flown the nest!
I've been visiting the forum for months but have only just plucked up the courage to post - you all really make me laugh sometimes which has got to be good! We are trying to keep a sense of humour but sometimes it's really hard - just a really silly thing yesterday tho had us crying with laughter and I thought I'd share.... We were shopping at our local supermarket - me in a wheel chair with the trolley 'thing' attached - managed to have a giggle going round the store until we got to the checkout. I noticed a spider walking across the trolley - not huge huge - but big enough to cause a possible heart attack - I tried to keep calm and asked Keith to remove it but it kept hanging on!! And I couldn't move! The trolley was clamped on full of shopping - just about to go into panic attack mode when it fell off. It made us laugh anyway!
p.s.If anyone can advise how to get my brain back I'd love to know!! And is there a local support group?

Take care all - Sue
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from Bovey Tracey, Devon!

Postby miajane » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 am

Hi Sue & :welcome:

Sorry to hear you have fibro but glad you have decided to post. This forum is great in helping us to cope, you realise you are not alone and we can have a laugh despite the pain. :D

Hope that spider wasn't an illegal immigrant LOL! :yikes: :yikes:

If you do find a way to get your brain back let me know :lol:

Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby BoveySusie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi again Mia

Didn't think of that - incy wincy probably slipped in on a banana skin - help :yikes:

Thanks for the welcome and joking aside the 'missing' brain is one of the hardest things to cope with - that and the fibro fog/pain/overwhelming exhaustion etc! My heart goes out to all the younger members out there - it's hard enough coping when you're retired let alone having to cope with young families - but maybe there will be a magic 'cure' one day... :?

Take care - Sue
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi Sue, :welcome: i know you will get alot of help and advise on here,alot are very helpful, rather you than me with the spider, i am terrified of them, i agree with you about the age of some on here,i'm the same age as you,and couldn't beleive the age of some of them,it must be very hard for them when they have young ones, take care :hugs: :mrgreen:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Sue. :wave:
:welcome: Really happy you have joined us, as you will know we do try to have a bit of a laugh, it does help to take our mind of the pain for a short while.

We also have a great friendly forum and offer support and good advice.

Brain fog is a big problem, i find writing things down help.

P.S. Hope the spider did not fall into your shopping bags, :yikes: you might have given it a new home.. :D :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi :wave: and welcome to the forum :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby BoveySusie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks again for all the welcome messages - Shaz you're off my Christmas card list!! I'll have to double check my shopping bags now! Only joking - I think incy was accidentally trodden on in the panic - oops - sorry to all the spider lovers out there :lol:

We're heading towards Midhurst for a week but really look forward to catching up with the forum when we get back.

Love Sue x
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:02 am

Have a great time in Midhurst sue. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello