Hello to everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello to everyone

Postby dougal303 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi everyone. It's strange that there are so many people living with this condition and yet everyone I've spoken to in person about is say's "I've never heard of that!"
I think I've had Fibo for about eight years. Started with a bad back, which refused to go away and then manifested itself into the usual symptoms. After spending a fortune on ciropractors etc, and seeing many different doctors it was a nurse at a back pain clinic who said 'I think this it what you have' and gave me a leaflet. The trouble is every doctor since has refused to give me a diagnosis. They just say the usual stuff like everyone has a bad back at sometime or another etc, and blame it on my weight. I was a very fit seven and a half stone little person when this started and I'm double that weight now. Between the pain and the medication and trying to to just get through everyday I have no energy for anything else. I take co-codomol 30-500 at least six times a day and now amitriptlyn. Nothing seems to work and I dread the days when I have to do more than potter around the house. My self esteem is zero.
Does anyone have an idea on how I could get my doctor to take this problem seriously? The last time I saw him he was more concerned about an ear infection I had and he's the best one at the practice!
Hope your all having one of the good days :!: :!: :!: Is there a spell check on this forum I"m lost without one :oops: :oops: :oops:
dougal303
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello to everyone

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Hello :welcome: to the forum.

Sorry to hear you are not getting support from your GP.
Have you got another GP you can see? If ask your GP to send you to see a Rheumy, they DX most of us.
There is info around the forum maybe print some off and ask your GP to read it.
Also fibro is on the NHS health site here the link to it, you could print it off.
click here

Hopes this helps, any questions just ask, we are very friendly so just mix in. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosie66 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi :wave: :welcome:
As shaz said everyone is friendly and helpful on here,so ask away :hugs:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi and welcome :hugs: Sorry no spell check but I think you can put one in your toolbar.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello