[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby myweims » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi all
My name is Anne. I am soon to be 52 years old. I am not sure if I have FM as yet...today, my doctor has referred me to a Rheumologist (sp?) (my doctor is open saturdays and sundays too) so I am playing the waiting game. Today, I feel so miserable I googled 'I hurt all over' and found you guys.

I have read about FM but to be honest there is just too much to take in, I have my ditsy head on today. I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced what I call my 'hurty' days. I keep getting a sharp pain like I am being punched. It can happen anywhere on my body and go as quick as it comes or could last a little longer. It can happen maybe once or twice a day or occur all day long. On the days it happens I also seem to hurt even if I am scratching an itch! I am sorry I don't seem to be explaining myself well......maybe I shoud try again on a better day :needhug:
Thank you anyway
Anne
myweims
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Anne.

Yes, sudden excruciating pains can be a part of Fibro. And getting pain from things that shouldn't be painful - suchas gently scratching an itch - is a result of two problems associated with Fibro: hyperalgesia, where things hurt more than they should; and allodynia, where sensations that shouldn't be painful (e.g. having your skin brushed) are painful.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you get some answers from the rheumy. In the meantime, stick with us and we'll help all we can.

Gill :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Yip stay with us Anne and let us know how you get on.
Just ask if you want any answers, we will try and help
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Anne :welcome: Hope you're not waiting too long to see the rheumi. How you're explaining yourself, it sounds like how I am at times, and lots of others as well. :hugs: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 am

Hi Anne :welcome: to the forum.

Hope you get some answers soon.
If you have any questions in the mean time just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello