[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hey x

hey x

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hey x

Postby *x*Pinky21*x* » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi guys...
Ok first things first i'm Natalie, but everyone calls me Pinky <i dont mind what you call me lol> I'm a 21 year old female from Yorkshire. I'm a special needs teaching assistant in a mainstream school. I love readin, singin, xfactor <but its gettin me mad at the moment so i refuse to watch lol> i talk a lot as you may be noticin lol, and i like to consider myself very friendly and bubbly generally.

I've suffered with central back pain since Feb 08 a pain which progressed to my lower back and into my neck since this time. I was sent to a multiskeletal unit who was unable to help and then was transferred to my local hospital reumatology department where i was diagnosed with FM <a massive relief to finally have a name to the problem. I thought I was going mad having back pain at 21>

I also had an xray which discovered that my spine is more straight than curved.

i'm currently waiting for an appointment with an occupational therapist. I had bloods done at one of my appointments and was told
i have abnormalities on my liver which the consultant and doctor were both concerned about so i am unable to take any pain killers or medication. I have an appointment for my bloods doing again next monday where if they show an improvement or no change at all he wants to put me on antidepressants. Something i'm not keen on.

I have more bad days than good alately and on some occasions lose the feeling in my hips, legs and arms.
I sleep very poor, i struggle to stay awake during the day and have no problem gettin to sleep once in bed but during the night its as if i'm asleep but i can still see everything going off around me in the bedroom. I wake up in pain several times in the night and when i wake up i'm like the walking dead, like i've never been to sleep for weeks. <obviously because of my occupation this is turning out to be hard work, so my doctor wants me to consider a career change, something i'm not keen on>

I'm becomin more irritable and fed up, having to make many changes to my lifestyle, have a dozen layers on when i go out otherwise i'm crippled the next day and because i can only remedy myself with natural remedies i live with a hot water bottle on my back.

I also bought a TENS machine which doesn't make any difference. I find it hard to talk to people around me because i feel like i'm a moanin minnie being in constant pain and because of this i have about two weeks worth of crying i could do with getting rid of.

My doctor suggested joinin a forum to talk to other people
who know what its like then maybe i wont feel so upset all the time. I feel ashamed at 21 to be moaning about being in pain all the time when i'm so young and there are others worse than my self.

Sorry if i've gone on a bit..think it was something that i could do with lifting off my shoulders.

So thats me, i dont bite, i love meetin and talkin to new people and look forward to hearing you telling me to shut up whining lol and sharing your experiences also.

Thank you for listening
Natalie x

:)
Wen times get tuff
n u feel alone,
the 1 place u want 2b
..is home.
Bt plz remember,
n nt 4get..
Lifes wot u make it,
dnt give up yet.
There's people who care,
who'll help u 2 cope,
wen u feel this way
rememba the cancer stricken child with no hope.
*x*Pinky21*x*
UKFM Member

Re: hey x

Postby DaveD » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 am

Hi Natalie

Come here , I'll give yer back a rub for you ! :D :D :D

So sorry to hear you are in so much pain , I have only recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but joining this forum has opened my eyes to say the least as I have had various ' unexplained ' problems for years .

We all have good and bad days , make the best of the good days and moan at me on the bad .................. how's that for starters ?

Wishing you well

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:50 am

Hi and welcome to the forum, plenty of people who understand on here :hugs: I used to be a special needs teaching assistant too... mainstream comp school. I gave up 7 years ago to have my youngest and never made it back because of FM. I'm still in touch with some of the kids I helped though... one has kids of his own now :roll:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi Pinky :welcome: to the forum.

Sorry to hear you have lots going on health wise.
If you want to have a rant or even someone to listen to you then you have come to the right place.
We are very friendly here and supporting, so dont be shy to ask any questions. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby joanypops » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi pinky and :welcome: Hope you find some comfort in this forum. Remember we are all in the same boat and never ever feel ashamed about having a moan about your pain. Any questions there is always someone around to help. :hugs:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby *x*Pinky21*x* » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:46 pm

hi guys thank you ever so much for your kind replies.

I feel very much on my own with it all so you dont know how much i appreciate your kind words and understandin.

I've had a terrible day today pain wise..decided to try puttin a pillow under my back last night and woke up at 3am screamin with the pain. My other half ended up tryin to give me a massage. I couldn't get back to sleep and ended up gettin up and goin t work feelin like a cripple. :( didn't help that the child i look after was havin a bad day too!
So i discovered that that method doesn.t work for me back to my hot water bottle and the drawin board lol.

How is every one else today? I'm just laid watchin deal or no deal feelin very sorry for myself. Lol.

Natalie x
Wen times get tuff
n u feel alone,
the 1 place u want 2b
..is home.
Bt plz remember,
n nt 4get..
Lifes wot u make it,
dnt give up yet.
There's people who care,
who'll help u 2 cope,
wen u feel this way
rememba the cancer stricken child with no hope.
*x*Pinky21*x*
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Have you tried a memory foam topper? they are great for the stiffness and pain.
I got mine for about £30.
Also a TENS michine might help with your back pain.

Hope you have a better night tonight. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello