[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello Again

Hello Again

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Again

Postby Schip » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:37 am

I've not been here since Feb this year after my physio mooted Fibro as a possible cause of my problems, I was very skeptical after 10 yrs of maddness from the NHS.

I finally saw a Rheumy at Burton on Trent last Friday who agreed with my physio that I do indeed have Fibro and had probably been suffering since my RTA back in Sept 99. He is sending me to a sleep clinic to check to see if I've got Sleep Apnea (sp?) due to my ENT problems I've had since birth, not sure what to expect from that. My Rheumy has given me Butrans patches for the pain which seem to be helping although I'm having little episodes of anxiety and hot flushes but I'm also on HRT patches so who knows lol.

I've also been seen by a new ENT consultant for my Menieres disease and am about ready to slap him into next wk as he's now decided I've not got Menieres as I'm not deaf in one ear! Argued with him that its not a given that everyone with the disease loses their hearing in the affected ear and I do indeed have hearing impairment in both ears check with my physio how many times she rings my carer due to me not hearing the phone! HIs answer was my hearing was the same in both ears - yes and? Well its ok coz its even :twisted:.

I've got a head MRI on 10th Dec as he's convinced I've got some sort of neuro issue going on - no I lose my balance badly in flourescent lighting even Rheumy laughed about that one saying my muscle responses were normal not as expected in patients with MS or similar.
Schip
UKFM Member

Re: Hello Again

Postby gillshutt » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:01 am

Hi and welcome back. FM is thought to be a central nervous system disorder so neuro problems are quite common. I've been tested for MS etc 3 times now and keep getting the all clear :? Neuro's say nothing they can find but gp's keep sending me back whenever a new symptom comes up.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: Hello Again

Postby shazq » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am

Hi schip :welcome: back.

Any question just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello