[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi, I'm new

Hi, I'm new

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, I'm new

Postby Tapestry » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:17 pm

my name is Lorraine and i would like to introduce myself. I have recently been diagnosed with FM although I know I have had this for years.I have been quite ill since April when with all the usual symptoms i developed a burning rash from head to toe which kept coming back. I have seen a rheumatoligist and started on plaquenil and amytriptilline.What I am confused about is testing positive for ANA and Anti Ro, can anyone help with this. Its so amazing to find all this support and advice and that there are so many people who also suffer in silence like I have.Over the years I have had to give up work(midwife) and struggle along with kids etc and Ihave all these angry feelings why no-one ever listened or helped over the years. Thanx for just existing. :needhug:
Tapestry
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, I'm new

Postby andy12720 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 pm

:welcome: hi there and welcome you will make plenty of friends here and lots of good advice, hope you feeling better soon x :wave:
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Hello and :welcome: You'll find lots of good stuff on here, it's nice when you find others that understand what you're going thru, feeling etc :D

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Lorraine :welcome: to the forum.
Any questions you have just ask, someone will always answer you. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:05 pm

It sounds like you have autoimmune/inflammatory condition along with the Fibro - it's very common for rheum patients to also have Fibro. The positive blood tests and rash would be connected to the autoimmune/inflammatory condition and the Plaquenil is for that (as you probably know!).
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. As Linz says it sounds like you have something else going on as well as FM which would need checking. It could be nothing and another test a few weeks on could tell you if it's sorted itself or not.

Don't let your gp tell you it's the fm causing it cos it isn't :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello