[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from Shetland

Hello from Shetland

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Shetland

Postby JimS » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi my name is Jim & I live in Shetland (if you don't know where that is just keep going north past Scotland :))
I didn't even know what fibromyalgia was until some mentioned the name a couple of weeks ago.
Now after reading the list of the symptoms I find that I have the vast majority of them.
Its a pity the doctors and consultants I haver seen over the past 7-8 years don't seem to know about it.
Any way back to the docs tomorrow to ask to be checked for FM (as long as she aknowledges that it exists) so may be after all this time I might actually get to know whats wrong with me :)

Any way enough rambling on Hi to everyone from up here in the far north.
Is there anyone else Shetland based here?

Cheers Jim
JimS
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from Shetland

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Jim :welcome:
Dont forget to write your questions down for the docs, we are known for forgetting things. lol.
Saying that i took a list with me to see my GP on tuesday, i still managed to miss a question. :roll: :oops:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby JimS » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome :) guys

I dont have a list of questions Shaz I dont really know what to ask.

I have though written out 2 1/2 A4 pages of symptoms so I am just going to give it to the dr and tell her I want to be tested for FM and say heres a list of what symptoms I have so at least I cant forget any of them.
JimS
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Jim & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gillshutt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 am

It might be worth printing off the FM info from the NHS website so, if your gp says it's not a real illness, you can show her that the NHS thinks it is so she should take you seriously.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello