[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newly Diagnosed with FMS

Newly Diagnosed with FMS

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly Diagnosed with FMS

Postby Anniekins » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Hello

I am newly-diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

Starting on Allegron tonight for the first time.

Will see how it goes. Right now I don't know where to put myself

Ann
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2009
Also have Erosive Inflammatory Arthritis/Sero-negative RA
Hypermobility Syndrome

Taking Allegron for FMS
Eterocoxib, Sulfasalazine, Fentanly patch (morphine) for RA
Plus supplements

Prozac for Depression

Anniekins
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly Diagnosed with FMS

Postby princess » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Hello Anne welcome to our forum.
Its very quiet just now, but sometimes it goes like a fair.
So just keep posting all your questions and we will try and get you answers.
You dont know where to put yourself? Is that because of pain? or mentally you are mixed up?
This is a good forum and the mods are decent people, as are many of the posters, some of us have been here a long time.
I have suffered this for 15+ years now, so i have worn the t-shirt for some time, you have just been diagnosed eh
Thats a hard time, and getting the correct meds to help you, you may need to change them for a while till you get whats best for you, we are all different and it sometimes takes time to just get the right tablet and dozage.
So take care and just keep posting.
If you would like a one to one, then just pm one of the mods and im sure they will help you.
Welcome to the fibromyalgia club.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Anniekins » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi

I already have morphine patches, tramadol, arcoxia, sulfasalazine and etc for the arthritis.

The problem at the moment is the aching muscles, fatigue, foggy head, cramps, lack of sleep and etc.

The FMS is just an addition to everything else!

Have had RA for 20 years, so not unaccustomed to pain.

The Rheumatologist has been brilliant all the way through and I got a diagnosis with no problem at all.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2009
Also have Erosive Inflammatory Arthritis/Sero-negative RA
Hypermobility Syndrome

Taking Allegron for FMS
Eterocoxib, Sulfasalazine, Fentanly patch (morphine) for RA
Plus supplements

Prozac for Depression

Anniekins
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Myself i take tramadol, mobic, hbp tablets, amitrip - every day for my ME/Fibro - im afraid even fibro itself is very debilitating, pain, lack of sleep, cramps, foggy heads, migraines to list a few - maybe it would be a good idea to get in touch with gill or lisa or shaz - and ask them to gie you a few articles to look at.
That way you can eliminate what symptoms you have or dont have.
There are a few of us here who have ME/Fibro and our symptoms are a little different, so i wont try and help you here.
But please contact one of the mods and they will give you the correct information.
Sorry you have been diagnosed, but at least now you have a name for it, you know what you are fighting.
Rhu drs are usually the ones who are best at diagnosing you.
Have to go as i bed early - so just keep posting and you will be replies, its just very quiet just now, a lot ill and the weather and weekend dosent help.
Good luck with your postings
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:08 pm

:welcome: To the forum :wave:

Sorry to hear you have Fibro.
Ant questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby joanypops » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Ann and :welcome: Sorry you have fibro on top of everything else. Its a difficult time when first diagnosed not knowing where to turn. But now you have found us i hope it wont be long before you are sorted. Ask away any questions you have there is usually someone around to give advice. Gentle hugs :grouphug:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:23 am

Hi and welcome to the forum :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Anniekins » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Have got all the symptoms apart from those in italics
Some of the symptoms I get with the RA anyway. I already have Hypermobility Syndrome too.

Pain
Fatigue
Sleep disorder
Morning stiffness
memory impairment
Irritable bowel
Chronic headaches
TMJ syndrome

Numbness and tingling sensation
Muscle twitching
Skin sensitivities
Dry eyes and mouth