[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - all about me - well a bit!

all about me - well a bit!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

all about me - well a bit!

Postby MoJo » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi, my name is Jo and im a newby to this website but not to fibromyalgia.
Started with the symptons 6yrs ago after a very traumatic divorce but have been diagnosed approx 3 yrs. I have 3 daughters who call it 'fried eyebrows algebra' because they cant pronounce it :roll:
Have a very supportive fiance who is fantastic and between us we have a total of 7 children.
Ive managaed to keep a part time job but after working monday and tuesday wednesday is usually a write off because i tend to sleep most of the day because im so tired :(
Im trying acupuncture at the moment but havent seen any improvement after 3 sessions but will keep on trying and let u know how i get on.
I suffer really bad on a night with cramps in my back when ive been asleep for a while, would be interested if anyone else has this problem :?:
Big hugs :hugs: to everyone who has this crappy fried eyebrows algebra thing and hope we can come up with, if not a cure, some way of making it bearable :)
MoJo
UKFM Newbie

Re: all about me - well a bit!

Postby tiredofmoaning » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:59 am

hi jo :welcome: :grouphug:
tiredofmoaning
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 am

hi to the site jo..... sorry to hear that you also have this fibro. thingy..

yes i also have this thing in my back... just a thought but have you tried lying on a duvet then you rusual bedding on top. if not a memory foam mattress. i havent the money for one of them so someone suggested the duvet an di find it helpful. also sometimes i roll a duvet up and put it under the bottom end of th emattress o my feet are raised. and this helps me.

hope thta may help..ut just get posting on th eother bits an dim sure youll soon get plenty of replys. ive found this site a godsend since starting to use it. got diag with fibro in march this year.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:28 am

Hi and welcome to the site, any questions just ask an someone will be along to help :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi Jo. :welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am

I get a similar sounding issue with my back, but that's to the fact I have hyperlordosis so if I end up sleeping on my back or my front, I'll wake up with my back in spasm. It's mostly myofascial pain and most Fibromites get this. I get regular myofascial release to keep it under control - that's something you have to get privately unfortunately, but it's worth it!
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Donna Day » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:51 am

Donna

I JUST WANT TO BE ME AGAIN
Donna Day
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:44 am

Find a private myofascial release therapist near you, I'm afraid. Although myofascial release is increasingly mainstream (it's really a form of physiotherapy) it isn't available on the NHS. The link below has got information about myofascial release - it's my MFR therapist's site. If you're east of Bath, I suppose ou might even be able to get to see her if you have someone who can drive you. Shes very experienced with Fibromites which is a definite plus!

http://www.twonineofive.co.uk/myofascial.html
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello