[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Season's Greetings & Hello

Season's Greetings & Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Season's Greetings & Hello

Postby Loobyloo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm Loobyloo and I've had Fibro for about 17 years now so I'm very experienced at living with it. I would say that the biggest problem is other people's perception of it and their reaction to it. I once had a family, home and a job that I enjoyed. Sadly that 's all gone now and I only have limited contact with one son. So Fibro has cost me dear. However it has been a great learning curve too and I've found out that it's not about what you can't do but about what you can do and it can make for some interesting times when one has to be inventive to achieve something that was straightforward before!
I count myself lucky that I've always been a great reader and puzzler and love documentaries about the natural world. I also do a lot of handicrafts - knitting, sewing, crochet and drawing etc so all these things I can still do.
For various reasons I don't get out very much, only to do a bit of shopping, and for a person with a lively enquiring mind who loves exploring new places and new experiences my life can be very boring. I am working to try and change the situation and join in some new clubs etc but the fates seem to be against me at the moment. I'll pick up the fight again in the New Year after a Christmas break.
I'm sure there will be many Fibro people who like me will be on their own over Christmas (except for the dog) but it's not the end of the world and it does pass. I hope Santa brings you lots of pressies and I wish you all everything you would wish for yourself. Hugo (the dog) is being grumpy and refusing to wear his reindeer antlers which flash and play music, I can't think what his problem is!
Merry Christmas!
Loobyloo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Season's Greetings & Hello

Postby pinksandblues » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Merry Christmas loobyloo :) welcome to the forum too .. wendy :)
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby nanatigtig » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi loobyloo,
Happy Christmas to you too.
Wishing you, and to all on the forum, a stress free New Year
:grouphug:
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ladymanvers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Hello Loobyloo! :wave:
I always come here when I'm feeling :needhug:
They make you really :welcome:
There's :blowkiss:
And :hugs:
And :clap:
And :woot:

Love Ju.x