[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Diagnosed today

Diagnosed today

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diagnosed today

Postby judipat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi
I have suspected I had fibro for some time now as I have a friend who also has it and after reading a lot of the posts on this site - it further convinced me.
Anyway, I have seen the rheumi today and he has confirmed it. He thinks I also have obstructive sleep apnea and spontaneous arthritis. I have to have sleep studies for the former and he is going to contact my GP to discuss other medication. For now he has presribed propranolol for my migraines/headaches and anxiety which I have been having daily. I have to go back and see him after the sleep studies.
I have felt so crap for the last two months after suffering crash migraines and ending up in hos pital as they thought I was haemorraging or had had a stroke. I have also been off wok for about five weeks and to be honest, the thought of going back is terrifying me.
Although the confirmation/diagnosis was not that much of a shock - I still feel quite numb and upset. I just hope that I am going through a particularly bad phase and once I get on the right meds etc, things might get better.
I'm really glad to have found this forum.
Judi xx
judipat
UKFM Member

Re: Diagnosed today

Postby gillshutt » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Judi and welcome to the forum, so sorry you have FM though. If you have any questions just ask and someone will be along to help :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
We are a bit quiet at mo with it being xmas, any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby stargrrlclaire » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Hello chick. I've been diagnosed in 2009 too. Hope you manage to control your symptoms and keep well. I'm sorry you have fibromyalgia, no-one seems to understand unless they have it themselves. xxx :welcome: :hugs: :grouphug:
Reach for the moon, if you fail, you'll fall among the stars...
Lots of love,
Claire xxx
stargrrlclaire
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ladymanvers » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 am

Hi,
Sorry you have this but this forum's great; you won't ever feel alone in this. :wave:
You'll have :yikes: days and :roll: days and :evil: :cry: days too....but when you need a :) and a :wave: or a :hugs: or a :grouphug: on those :banghead: days, you'll soon feel :woot: and :D and :blowkiss: again :!:

Ju.xxx
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello