[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Stonehenge » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello to you all. I suspect I have FMS. A friend suggested this to me after hearing about my aches, pains, sleep problems etc. My symptoms are pretty much most in the list with chronic headaches, pain, morning stiffness, restless legs (drives my husband mad), carpel tunnel, period problems, severe sleep problems, memory issues, you all know the kind of thing.

I had a car accident in December 2002 and I've been in pain ever since despite physio, Chiropractor treatments and am very interested to hear the possible link between fibromyalgia and compressed cord, as a back scan I had showed my spine was misalgined and pulling all to one side, but I get pain everywhere.

I have an appointment at my doctors next week as I have reached the point where it's worse than ever. I have two children, and a full time job, and am main bread winner and I keep going. I have a very positive nature about me, glass half full and all that, but you get days where you are just so down.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I am hoping that I can put a name to my problems soon, and start managing my symptoms. I feel for each and every one of you suffering.

Ange..
Stonehenge
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie

Postby ladymanvers » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi Ange! :) :welcome:

ANOTHER accident? Keep reading so many posts mentioning trauma.I think mine started, years ago, cos of being knocked down...lots of us have had a trauma before onset....good luck at the doctors, don't take any fob offs!

Love Ju.x
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ange.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, hope your GP can put a name to your symptoms, there is nothing worse being in pain with no answers to what it is causing you the symptoms.

Have a look around the forum to find out more info on fibro.
Write down all your questions for your GP as when you get in you are bound to forget something we call it fibro fog.

Ask your GP to refer you to a Rheumy, although some GP`s will dx fibro most are dx by a rheumy then referred back to the GP to carry on the treatment.

Good luck with getting some answers.

Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Nola7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:21 pm

It is weird how lots of people have suffered trauma before onset. I damaged my back after being a full time gymnast and I have damage to my lumbar vertebrae but Ive been told at my age it shouldnt cause the pain that it does. I do have arthritis to look forward to in 10 years or so, Im not looking forward to my future anymore. Its frustrating not having an official diagnosis, Im in the same boat, I hope you get some answers soon x
Nola7
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Nola7! :wave:

It was MY lumbar vertebrae I damaged but, I suppose it's the knock on effect that causes the cervical and thoracic compression and CNS problems ?; I've had whiplash also though... :( :(

Love Ju.x :)
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby Nola7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi Lady!

Yeah it does lead to other problems, compression etc but it seems like it might just be unfortunate coincedences, unless fibro is linked to trapped nerves etc? I suffer temporary partial and full body paralysis too and that is also a coincedence to my back injury, lucky eh!
Nola7
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

:wave: and welcome to the forum people I haven't welcome before :)

FM needs a trigger to set it off so any trauma, physical or mental can do it.

I suffer partial and full body paralysis too.. it only lasts a few hours usually and is connected to FM. FM is thought to be a CNS problem so anythingcan happen :shock: :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Nola7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Thats interesting, I dont know much about fibro yet. I was told I have conversion disorder which causes my paralysis, if its partial (usually my arm or legs) it will last a day or so but the full body lasts a week or 2 and is accompanied by terrible muscle spasms so it is like rigor mortis, I cant even swallow. Luckily it doesnt happen so often anymore, I struggle enough as it is!
Nola7
UKFM Member

Postby Stonehenge » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi lady and Nola,

Wow, it amazes me how many people suffer so much pain. I dread to think how many painkillers I must have taken over the last 7 years to try and stay sane. It's not easy when you just want a few minutes of relief.

I'd give a lot to have one day where I could sleep all night, and be pain free all day. Imagine that.

I'm sorry you are suffering, I hope you get some answers and the much needed help too. I am building up to my appointment. I rarely use the doctors, a lot of times I've been in the past with pain issues which extended from my head, neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees and feet, and every time been told it will go away, get better, just one of those things.

Well, it isn't and it's not normal to suffer so much pain, so I am hoping armed with a list of symptoms and the information I've gathered about Fibro, I'll be able to gain some support and get referred.

Fingers crossed for you all.
Stonehenge
UKFM Newbie

Postby Nola7 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Fingers crossed for you too, its so annoying when the doctor just disregards everything. Its weird, I almost forget that its not normal to feel so much pain, I cant remember a time when Ive not been in pain, I cant imagine what it must be like being able to feel 'normal', I would do anything to experience it. My doctor said its likely I do have fibro, basically cos I have all the symptoms, but its a bit hard to tell if some symptoms are fibro or pill side effects. I wish I could take more painkillers but Im kinda maxed out dosage wise, I crave morphine!
Nola7
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:29 pm

I, too, began to think it was normal to be in pain every day; I'd been told so often and for so many years by GPs :evil: and my family that "everyone" gets aches and pains - in other words "shut up and stop being a hypochondriac" that, until I mentioned it to my new husband two years ago that I was always in constant, daily pain and he seemed surpised and said he was sitting there (at the dining table) feeling NO pain that I began to think it WASN'T normal..aint that sad?! :|
We learn to be such 'copers' in order to blend in with everyone else that, like now, when we ARE diagnosed, we are still not taken as seriously as we should be :evil:

Sorry for rant!

Love Ju.x :hugs:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello