Hello everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone

Postby sue59 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi there. My name is Sue and have not officially been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. The symptoms I have are very similar but due to my age (50) my GP is finding it hard to put his finger on quite what I have . For two years now he has treated me for Polymyalgia, I had blood test which would seem to confirm this and he put me on steroids in the begining I was like a new women and was able to do things I hadn't been able to do for a long time, if anything I was a little hyper and found it hard to sit still. But after years of being ill I found it such a high! After 2 months he reduced the dose and in no time at all I was back to the old me. In pain all over tired all the time my hips knees neck and shoulders especially ached. Since then although he has kept me on steroids there has really been a worsening in my health.

I must start at the beginning of my health problems I think to give a full picture. In 2000 I started with a chest infection and had breathing problems and was diagnosed with asthma by my GP I also had gallstone problems and in 2002 had the op at the time it was found out that I had a narrowing of my airway (tracheal stenosis) not asthma. I had some arthritis in my neck and knees also. In addition to this I have always had hormone problems and suffered with PMS.
I had complained of this chronic tiredness and flu like symptoms for quite sometime but my GP and my Cardiothoracic surgeon were more concerned with my breathing and said the fatigue could be due to that. I have been on antidepressants for some time and was given Amitryptaline along side to help with some of the pain and to help with sleep.
Just over two years ago I had a Tracheal Resection and my breathing was much better. After the operation the symptoms of aching fatigue, sleep problems etc etc seemed more pronounced.

So at the end of November I was at my wits end and told my GP I have been on steroids for 2 years and have not improved and was there anything else he could do. He finally made me an appointment with a rheumatologist, I had an appointment in December but was then referred to a consultant who I see in February and I have to have a Dex scan this Thursday.
I have just had two days in bed just unable to move, it takes me all my energy just to get up to go to the toilet I have hot and cold sweats and it feels like a really bad dose of flu but without any cold symptoms. I find it very hard to get comfortable and just toss and turn, and would do anything just to sleep. Luckily I had some sleeping tablets from a few weeks ago and have had to take them to get some sleep, but during the day it is hell. I am actually my mothers carer and when I am ill like this its a nightmare I am crawling about and just make her a cup of tea and a sandwich its all i can do. i feel nauseous so don't eat but try to drink. i also have ibs
|Just wondered if this sound like Fibromyalgia? I am currently having these attacks at least every month and they can last anything from one to 4 days at the moment its ruining my life, in fact i have no life and am desperate to find some relief. Any help would be gratefully received.
sue59
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello everyone

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 pm

It could be FM, but it could be a number of other things. The only way of telling is by having the tender point test and if everything else has been ruled out.

Stick with us and we'll help all we can :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello